Nadal To Roll Back The Years And Beat Federer In The Australian Open Final
Tennis fans will be transported back in time on Sunday morning as two legends of the game, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, will compete in the Australian Open final on the Rod Laver Arena...
- Rafa Nadal has a 23-11 winning record in head-to-head meetings with Roger Federer
- Nadal has won 6 of 8 Grand Slam finals against Federer
- Federer has never beaten Nadal at the Australian Open, losing the 2009 final, 2012 semi-final and 2014 semi-final
|Sunday 29th January - 8.30am||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Roger Federer v Rafael Nadal|
|Tips||Rafa Nadal to win Best Bet||@ 4 / 5|
Rolling Back The Years
Many thought that the two would never meet again in the final of a Grand Slam but they have rolled back the years this month and what a wonderful story it has been for both of them, with Nadal the marginal favourite in Melbourne.
Much has been made of the fact that Nadal had to play a brutal and epic semi-final against Grigor Dimitrov on Friday but the Spaniard appears to be fully fit nowadays and his feats of stamina are legendary.
The 14-time Grand Slam winner is bidding to win the Australian Open for a second time following his success in 2009 and he can banish the memories of his 2012 and 2014 final defeats to an inspired Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka respectively by winning on Sunday (4/5 with Bet 365).
Nadal has grown into this tournament and it bodes well that he has had the better of the clashes with Federer over the years, winning 23 of their 34 meetings. All of the statistics point to a Nadal win as he has won five of their last six encounters and we are siding with the Spaniard.
Federer (11/10 with B365) won the last of his Australian Open titles in 2010 and the 17-time major winner is bidding for a first Grand Slam title since Wimbledon 2012. The 35-year-old has lost his past three slam finals and even his rejuvenated recent form might not be enough to best Nadal.
The Swiss star needed five sets to beat Kei Nishikori and Wawrinka en route to this final and his victory in the last-four was only his fourth win over a top-ten player since 2015, with the other two coming against Tomas Berdych, who appears to be adverse to beating the very best in the world.
Nadal Holds The Aces
Federer has lost eight of his ten meetings with Nadal on outdoor hard courts and it is worth noting that he hasn't beaten the Spaniard in a major tournament since 2007 - a six-match losing streak.
Furthermore, Nadal has never lost to Federer in three meetings at the Australian Open (2009 final, 2012 semi-final, 2014 semi-final) and we are backing the 30-year-old to secure a 3-1 win (10/3 with Coral).
Archive - Previous 5 Tennis Articles
Venus To Take Serena The Distance In The Australian Open Final
2017 Ladies Australian Open Betting Preview
Roger Federer Installed As The New Australian Open Favourite
Latest Men's Australian Open Betting
Konta Clipped For Australian Open Glory Ahead Of Williams Clash
Latest Ladies' Australian Open Odds
Back Angelique Kerber To Successfully Defend Her Australian Open Title
2017 Women's Australian Open Betting Preview
Sir Andy Murray Tipped To Finally Win The Australian Open
2017 Men's Australian Open Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers