Andy Murray To Make The Most Of A Kind Draw In Indian Wells
The BNP Paribas Open takes centre stage this week and a bottom-heavy draw at Indian Wells has opened the door for Andy Murray to extend his lead at the top of the ATP world rankings...
- Novak Djokovic has won the Paribas Open five times
- Djokovic is a three-time defending champion
- Roger Federer has won the Paribas Open four times
|9th March - 19th March||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|ATP Paribas Open|
|Tips||Andy Murray to win Best Bet||@ 9 / 4|
|Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (each way)||@ 40 / 1|
The draw for this week's action is quite remarkable as three-time defending champion Novak Djokovic finds himself in a ridiculously strong bottom-half of the draw.
Djokovic, who is 11/4 to win this tournament for a sixth time (Coral), makes little appeal off the back of his defeat to Nick Kyrgios in Acapulco recently and the Serb faces the daunting prospect of a third round clash with 2013 runner-up Juan Martin Del Potro (28/1)
There is then a possible fourth round meeting with Kyrgios or the exciting Alex Zverev before a quarter-final against two-time champion Rafael Nadal (8/1) or four-time winner Roger Federer (15/2), while one of Marin Cilic, Grigor Dimitrov, Kei Nishikori, Steve Johnson or Kevin Anderson could be waiting in the semi-final
Good luck picking a winner from that half of the draw!
Murray Is Favourite
The nature of the draw ensures Andy Murray is a worthy favourite (9/4 with Coral.co.uk) as he bids to consolidate his position as the world number one. Murray hasn't always had a great record at Indian Wells as he has reached just one semi-final since finishing runner-up in 2009 but he is the form man at the top of the world's game, as shown by his recent win in Dubai.
Stan Wawrinka is in the same top-half as Murray but he has never gone beyond the quarter-finals at Indian Wells and his recent shock loss to Damir Dzumhur is a major concern.
Tomas Berdych has a decent record in this event but he struggles to get over the line against the better players in the world and the same could be said of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
Tsonga Worth A Shot
However, the Frenchman is perhaps best positioned to take advantage of any upset involving Murray in the top-half of the draw and Tsonga looks decent each-way value at 40/1 (Coral bookmakers)
Tsonga has twice reached the quarter-finals of this event, losing to an inspired Djokovic on both occasions, and he arrives in good form after going 17-3 for the year, including successive titles in Rotterdam and Marseille.
2017 BNP Paribas Open Odds
Archive - Previous 5 Tennis Articles
Nadal To Roll Back The Years And Beat Federer In The Australian Open Final
Roger Federer V Rafael Nadal Betting Preview
Venus To Take Serena The Distance In The Australian Open Final
2017 Ladies Australian Open Betting Preview
Roger Federer Installed As The New Australian Open Favourite
Latest Men's Australian Open Betting
Konta Clipped For Australian Open Glory Ahead Of Williams Clash
Latest Ladies' Australian Open Odds
Back Angelique Kerber To Successfully Defend Her Australian Open Title
2017 Women's Australian Open Betting Preview
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers