Neil and Judd are top trumps for the 2016 Welsh Open
There is more live snooker to enjoy from Monday as the week-long Welsh Open gets underway at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff. The tournament returns to the Welsh Capital after it moved from its Newport home of ten years in 2015 and the usual suspects are in the mix at the head of the betting...
- Defending champion John Higgins has won the Welsh Open 4 times
- Ronnie O'Sullivan is a three-time winner of the Welsh Open
|15th February - 21st February||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Tips||Neil Robertson to win Best Bet||@ 6 / 1||Bet365|
|Judd Trump (each way)||@ 8 / 1||VCBet|
O'Sullivan Leads The Way
Ronnie O'Sullivan knows all about winning this tournament in Newport as he is a three-time former champion of the Welsh Open but he didn't take to the Motorpoint Arena last year, with the 'Rocket' comparing the venue to a 'shopping mall'.
We await to see what frame of mind O'Sullivan is in after he returned from his lay-off to win the Masters last month and it is possible that the Welsh Open will be his only professional outing prior to the upcoming World Championship.
O'Sullivan is a 7/2 favourite with Paddy Power but that price looks a touch skinny as a tricky draw has put him in the same quarter as world number one Mark Selby (10/1). Also in the bottom-half of the draw is world champion Stuart Bingham and last year's Welsh Open runner-up Ben Woollaston, as well as the improving Judd Trump, who can be backed at 8/1 with Bet Victor.
Trump has been in fine fettle of late as he was a runner-up in Shanghai and he reached the semi-finals of the Masters. There has been an immense improvement in the Bristolian, who also reached the quarter-finals of the German Masters recently, and he could be in for a big week in Wales.
Here's To You Neil Robertson
Meanwhile, defending champion John Higgins (18/1) is in the top-half of the draw as he bids to win the Welsh Open for a fifth time but his title defence won't be easy as he is in the same quarter of the draw as Barry Hawkins and the same-half as Neil Robertson, who beat Higgins in the quarter-finals en route to winning the UK Championship.
We get the impression that Robertson is saving his energy for the big tournaments but his early exit in Germany will have helped to focus the mind. The Australian, who reached the fourth round last year, has reached the last-eight of the International Championship and the Masters, while also winning the Champion of Champions, and we fancy that the draw in Cardiff has opened up nicely for him.
A first round meeting with Fraser Patrick is followed by potential clashes with the out-of-form Marco Fu, Ding Junhui and Shaun Murphy, and we are happy to stick the Australian up as our best bet again.
Bet 365 go 6/1 for Robertson to win and that looks decent value as he looks to make the most of a kind draw.
2016 Welsh Open Odds
Archive - Previous 5 Snooker Articles
2016 Masters Snooker Odds Neil Robertson is a top tip at Alexandra Palace
Masters Betting Preview
2015 UK Snooker Championship Preview Robertson to shine in York
Judd Aims To Trump His Rivals At Barbican
Back Shaun Murphy to cover the handicap in his Crucible quarter final with Anthony McGill
O'Sullivan Remains Outright Favourite In Sheffield
2015 World Snooker Championship Betting Preview Selby bids for back to back titles
O'Sullivan Starts Favourite At The Crucible
Welsh Open Betting Ding Junhui tipped to bounce back to form in Cardiff
Ronnie O'Sullivan Starts Favourite For Title Defence
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers