New Zealand To Secure The Series With Victory Over The Lions In Wellington
New Zealand were utterly ruthless in beating the British and Irish Lions 30-15 in the First Test at Eden Park last week and the world champions can secure a series-clinching win in the Second Test at the Westpac Stadium in Wellington on Saturday morning...
- The team that lost the first test has won only 4 of 31 Lions' tours
- New Zealand have won 16 Tests in a row at the Westpac Stadium since 2003
- Israel Dagg has scored 5 tries in 7 appearances at the Westpac
|Saturday 1st July - 8.35am||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|New Zealand v Lions 2nd Test|
|Tips||New Zealand win 2nd half with -7 point handicap Best Bet||@ 10 / 11|
|Lions to cover +6 points in first half handicap||@ 1 / 1||Ladbrokes|
|Israel Dagg First Tryscorer (each way)||@ 11 / 1||Betfred|
The Lions were left to rue their missed chances at Eden Park and Warren Gatland has rolled the dice by pairing Johnny Sexton at fly-half and Owen Farrell at inside centre for the very first time, while Maro Itoje and George Kruis come in to give the forward line an added element of physicality, and Sam Warburton takes over the captaincy.
The Lions are 9/2 to level the series (Paddy Power) but it is a massive ask as New Zealand have won 19 of their 21 matches at the Westpac Stadium, with the All Blacks winning sixteen in a row there since June 2003.
It is no surprise to see that Steve Hansen's men are 2/9 for victory this weekend.
A Game Of Two Halves
New Zealand blew the Lions away in the second-half last Saturday and it could be a similar story this weekend. Gatland's side have made a habit of starting well before faltering on this tour as they blew a sixteen-point lead during their 31-31 draw with Hurricanes in mid-week.
The Lions' half-time scores on this tour read 3-7, 10-12, 9-3, 10-10, 12-10, 13-6, 8-13, 23-7. With that in mind, the Lions are evens to cover +6 six points at half-time (Ladbrokes) and the All Blacks have only led by more than six points at the interval in one of their past five Tests at the Westpac Stadium.
New Zealand tend to come to life in the second period though and we are going to back them to cover -7 points in the second-half at 10/11 with Ladbrokes - they won the second-half by ten points last week.
Steve Hansen has an enviable wealth of options at his disposal, as evidenced by the fact that the injured Conrad Smith and Ryan Cotty have been replaced by the excellent Waisake Naholo and Anton Lienert-Brown.
Naholo will start on the wing, meaning Israel Dagg drops to full-back. Dagg will still be a significant threat as he has scored five tries in seven appearances at the Westpac Stadium and he is 11/1 to be first tryscorer (Ladbrokes bookmakers), while Rieko Ioane is 11/2 favourite to score the first try after scoring twice in the First Test.
First Tryscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Rugby-union Articles
New Zealand To Put The British And Irish Lions To The Sword At Eden Park
New Zealand V Lions First Test Betting Preview
Handicap Markets Are The Play At Twickenham On Sunday
England V Italy Six Nations Betting Preview
Ireland To Secure A Narrow Win Against France in Dublin
Ireland V France Six Nations Betting Preview
George North To Strike For Wales In Scotland
Scotland V Wales Six Nations Betting Preview
Scotland To Cause A Stir Against France In Paris
France V Scotland Six Nations Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers