Ireland To Secure A Narrow Win Against France in Dublin
Saturday evening's Six Nations clash between Ireland and France is a 'must-win' game for both teams as they simply cannot afford to lose another match and it is the Irish who are tipped for victory in Dublin...
- Ireland are unbeaten in Six Nations matches at home since 2013
- France have won just three of their past fifteen away matches in the Six Nations since 2011
|Saturday 25th February - 4.50pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Ireland v France|
|Tips||Ireland to win by 1-10 points Best Bet||@ 7 / 4|
Ireland Start Favourites
Joe Schmidt's Ireland start as 1/3 favourites (Betfair) to win the match as they recovered from their opening 27-22 loss to Scotland by thrashing Italy 63-10 last time out and they have been boosted by the return of some key players at the Aviva Stadium this weekend.
Johnny Sexton returns to make his first start of this year's championship and Rory Best also comes back, while Jack McGrath is preferred to Cian Healy.
France also makes three changes to the team that beat Scotland 22-16 as Rabah Slimani, Bernard Le Roux and Yoann Huget are all included in the starting XV and they are 10/3 to win (Betfair).
The French suffered a 19-16 defeat to England in their opening match of the tournament and the result at Twickenham extended their dismal run on the road. Les Bleus have only beaten Scotland (twice) and Italy (once) in the last fifteen matches away from home in the Six Nations since 2011 and they have lost the last four on the bounce.
There is no doubt that France are improving under Head Coach Guy Noves and they beat Ireland 10-9 in Paris last year, although it is difficult to back against Ireland in Dublin.
The Irish are unbeaten in the Six Nations at home since 2013 and they are even-money to cover a -4 point handicap in the second-half of Saturday's match (Coral), which looks a decent bet when you consider Ireland have only conceded six points in the second-half of matches in this Six Nations and they are yet to concede a try in the second period.
A Narrow Ireland Win
The Irish are 7/4 to win by 1-10 points (Coral.co.uk) and four of the past six Ireland v France meetings have been settled by a single score or less, with the other two ending in draws.
Winning Margin Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Rugby-union Articles
George North To Strike For Wales In Scotland
Scotland V Wales Six Nations Betting Preview
Scotland To Cause A Stir Against France In Paris
France V Scotland Six Nations Betting Preview
England To Edge An Epic Six Nations Clash With Wales In Cardiff
Wales V England Six Nations Betting Preview
Ireland To Romp To Victory In The Second Half In Rome
Italy V Ireland Six Nations Betting Preview
Scotland Emerge As Dark Horses But England Remain Six Nations Favourites
Latest Six Nations Betting
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers