Handicap Markets Are The Play At Twickenham On Sunday
England are overwhelming favourites for Sunday afternoon's Six Nations clash with Italy as they bid to secure a sixteenth successive test win on the bounce and they are 1/200 for victory at Twickenham...
- Italy have covered +42 points in 15 of their past 16 meetings with England
- Italy have covered +19 points in the first-half of 10 of their last 11 against England
- The Azzurri have won just 1 of their last 17 matches in the Six Nations
|Sunday 26th February - 3.00pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|England v Italy|
|Tips||Italy to cover +19 points in the first-half Best Bet||@ 1 / 1|
It is virtually impossible to look beyond an England win as they are are on a twelve-match winning run in matches played at Twickenham and Eddie Jones has rung the changes following an unconvincing start to this Six Nations.
James Haskell, Danny Care, Ben Te'o and Jonny May all start on Sunday after England narrowly beat France and Wales in their opening two matches, and only a comprehensive victory will do this weekend.
Italy (50/1 with Betfair) weren't just beaten but thrashed by Wales and Ireland in Rome in their first two games and surely they must improve at Twickenham, where Head Coach Conor O'Shea has made changes to his team, with Michael Campagnaro, Tommaso Allan, Giulio Bisegni and Abraham Steyn all due to start on Sunday.
O'Shea will be hoping to see a reaction from a team that beat South Africa as recently as November and the first-half could be their best chance of causing a stir at Twickenham because England have been slow starters.
During their fifteen-match winning run, England have led at half-time in ten and this Six Nations has seen them go into the half-time break level with France (9-9) and behind against Wales (8-13).
With that in mind, Italy are even-money to cover a +19 point advantage in the first-half handicap market (Paddy Power), which is a bet that has paid out in ten of the last eleven England v Italy meetings.
Furthermore, Italy are 21/20 to cover +42 points in the match handicap (Betfair) and that is something they have done in fifteen of the last sixteen meetings with England.
Jonny Be Good
England rarely blow teams away as they have won just two tests by a margin of more than 42 points since 2012 but they should still have far too much quality for an Italian side that has never beaten the English in 22 attempts.
It might be worth a look at Jonny May to set England on their way to victory as the winger's eight tries at international level have all come at Twickenham. May is 13/2 to be first tryscorer (PaddyPower.com) and notch his ninth try in his past fifteen appearances for England at Twickenham.
First Tryscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Rugby-union Articles
Ireland To Secure A Narrow Win Against France in Dublin
Ireland V France Six Nations Betting Preview
George North To Strike For Wales In Scotland
Scotland V Wales Six Nations Betting Preview
Scotland To Cause A Stir Against France In Paris
France V Scotland Six Nations Betting Preview
England To Edge An Epic Six Nations Clash With Wales In Cardiff
Wales V England Six Nations Betting Preview
Ireland To Romp To Victory In The Second Half In Rome
Italy V Ireland Six Nations Betting Preview
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers