George North To Strike For Wales In Scotland
The Six Nations resumes from its mini-break with a tantalising clash between Scotland and Wales at Murrayfield on Saturday afternoon and it promises to be a try-filled encounter in Edinburgh...
- Scotland haven't beaten Wales since 2007 - a run of nine consecutive defeats
- Wales have won their past four visits to Murrayfield, scoring 104 points in the process
- George North has scored three tries in his past four against Scotland
|Saturday 25th February - 2.25pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Scotland v Wales|
|Tips||George North to score a try anytime Best Bet||@ 11 / 4|
This is a must-win match for both sides as they won on the opening weekend before suffering defeats last time out, with Scotland following up an impressive victory against Ireland by losing to France, while Wales somehow contrived to throw away a winning position against England after they beat Italy in their first match.
It is the Welsh who are 17/20 favourites for Saturday (Betfair) and they have dominated this Scotland v Wales fixture in recent years as they are on a nine-match winning run against the Scots since they last lost in 2007.
Vern Cotter's Scotland are a much-improved team though as they are on a three-match winning run at Murrayfield and this year's Six Nations campaign had promised so much, albeit the defeat in France came at a cost with several injuries to key players, including captain Greig Laidlaw, who hands over the armband to John Barclay this weekend.
Scotland are 5/4 for victory but the Welsh have had the wood over on them in Edinburgh as Wales have won their last four trips to Murrayfield, scoring 104 points in the process.
This promises to be another high scoring encounter and Sky Bet go 5/6 about over 44.5 points in the match in total, which is a bet that has paid out in the past four meetings.
Meanwhile, Paddy Power go 5/1 about a Wales win, over 40.5 points and a yellow card combined, which has paid out in five of the last nine clashes between the pair.
We prefer to focus our attention on the tryscorer markets in what promises to be a thoroughly entertaining encounter and Scotland's Stuart Hogg is 10/3 to score a try for a fifth Six Nations match in a row, which looks a very fair price considering the Scot has scored five in his past three Test appearances.
It is George North who gets the nod as our best bet to score a try (11/4 with Paddy Power) as the Welshman has scored in his past five outings in this tournament. North has scored three tries in four against the Scots and he can shine again after being passed fit for this weekend.
Anytime Tryscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Rugby-union Articles
Scotland To Cause A Stir Against France In Paris
France V Scotland Six Nations Betting Preview
England To Edge An Epic Six Nations Clash With Wales In Cardiff
Wales V England Six Nations Betting Preview
Ireland To Romp To Victory In The Second Half In Rome
Italy V Ireland Six Nations Betting Preview
Scotland Emerge As Dark Horses But England Remain Six Nations Favourites
Latest Six Nations Betting
Italy To Push Wales Close During The First Half In Rome
Italy V Wales Six Nations Betting Preview
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers