Scotland To Cause A Stir Against France In Paris
The second round of Six Nations matches concludes with France v Scotland on Sunday afternoon and we fancy the improving Scots are decent value to make the most of an advantage in the handicap market in Paris...
- Only one of France's last twelve matches at the Stade de France has been decided by a margin of more than seven points
- Scotland haven't beaten France in Paris since 1999 - a run of nine successive defeats
|Sunday 12th February - 3.00pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|France v Scotland|
|Tips||Scotland to cover +7 points Best Bet||@ 21 / 20|
The Story So Far
Vern Cotter's men produced a quite heroic effort to stun Ireland 27-22 at Murrayfield last weekend and they will be looking to build on that result as they bid to win in Paris for the first time since 1999, which was incidentally the last year they won this tournament (it was the Five Nations back then).
This team are history makers though, as they showed at last year's Six Nations by beating France for the first time since 2006 with a 29-18 victory in Edinburgh, and they can make a mockery of their pre-match 11/4 price.
France can also take great heart from their opening match of this year's tournament as they narrowly lost 19-16 to England at Twickenham, albeit they did earn a losing bonus points thanks to the new points system, and they head to the Stade de France as 2/5 favourites this weekend (Betfair).
However, Les Bleus have hardly made the Stade de France a fortress and it is worth noting that only one of their last twelve matches in Paris has been decided by a margin of more than seven points, which came when England won 31-21 there last year.
With that in mind, Scotland are great value to cover +7 points (21/20 with Betfair) as each of the Scots' last five defeats to France came by seven points or less before they romped to victory at Murrayfield in 2016.
There were five tries scored in Edinburgh when these two teams last met and we fancy more of the same as both teams play such an expansive style nowadays, with Paddy Power going 5/4 for over 3.5 tries in total in the match.
As far as the tryscorer markets are concerned, France's Virimi Vakatawa is an obvious danger man after impressing at Twickenham last week and the man who has scored four tries in his past four Tests is 9/1 favourite to score first the first try on Sunday (Ladbrokes).
First Tryscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Rugby-union Articles
England To Edge An Epic Six Nations Clash With Wales In Cardiff
Wales V England Six Nations Betting Preview
Ireland To Romp To Victory In The Second Half In Rome
Italy V Ireland Six Nations Betting Preview
Scotland Emerge As Dark Horses But England Remain Six Nations Favourites
Latest Six Nations Betting
Italy To Push Wales Close During The First Half In Rome
Italy V Wales Six Nations Betting Preview
England To Make It 15 Wins In A Row With Victory Over France
England V France Six Nations Betting Preview
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers