England To Edge An Epic Six Nations Clash With Wales In Cardiff
It promises to be a tremendous occasion in Cardiff on Saturday evening as Wales take on their old rivals England in the Six Nations and we fancy it is the visiting Englishmen who can secure a valuable victory in the Welsh capital...
- The Welsh have lost four of the last five Wales v England matches
- George North has scored a try in each of his past five appearances in the Six Nations
|Saturday 11th February - 4.50pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Wales v England|
|Tips||England to win by 1-10 points Best Bet||@ 21 / 10|
The Story So Far
Both teams made winning starts to the tournament last weekend as Wales recovered from a woeful first half to defeat Italy 33-7 in Rome and England found a way to win a sixteenth Test in a row courtesy of their 19-16 victory against France.
England were never convincing against the French but they found a way to win and their Head Coach, Eddie Jones, has been using the old reverse psychology to ward away complacency by suggesting that his players have a "horrendous" record in Wales.
The reality is very different as England have actually won five and lost five of their past ten matches at the Principality Stadium and they are worthy 8/13 favourites for Saturday (Betway).
Since Wales stunned England 30-3 to nick the Six Nations crown and deny England the Grand Slam in 2013, the Red Rose have won four of their five meetings against the Welsh, who are yet to convince under interim Head Coach Rob Howley.
Howley is likely to risk the fitness of George North and Dan Biggar this weekend, while Rob Evans and Thomas Francis come into the starting XV, but his charges may have been rattled by Eddie Jones taking so long to decide that he would prefer the roof to be open in Cardiff (both teams have to agree for it to be closed).
The roof being closed has often been an advantage for the home team and it is telling that England have won four of the five matches against Wales when the roof has been open, hence why we are backing the visitors to secure a narrow win.
Much has been made of the decision to hand Jack Clifford a first Six Nations start in a youthful back row that has made just four Test appearances in those positions but the reality is that nine of their 23-man squad for Saturday were part of the side that beat Wales on home soil in 2015 and they can repeat the feat.
England are 21/10 to win by 1-10 points and that is a stand-out punt with Betfair.
Winning Margin Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Rugby-union Articles
Ireland To Romp To Victory In The Second Half In Rome
Italy V Ireland Six Nations Betting Preview
Scotland Emerge As Dark Horses But England Remain Six Nations Favourites
Latest Six Nations Betting
Italy To Push Wales Close During The First Half In Rome
Italy V Wales Six Nations Betting Preview
England To Make It 15 Wins In A Row With Victory Over France
England V France Six Nations Betting Preview
Ireland To Secure A Narrow Win Over Scotland At Murrayfield
Scotland V Ireland Six Nations Betting Preview
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers