Italy To Push Wales Close During The First Half In Rome
The opening weekend of the 2017 Six Nations concludes with Italy's clash against Wales on Sunday afternoon and we are backing the Azzurri to push their opponents close, for the first half at least, when they meet at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome...
- Italy last beat Wales in the Six Nations in 2007
- Wales have won 10 matches in a row against Italy
- George North has scored 5 tries in his last 3 appearances against Italy
|Sunday 5th February - 2.00pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Italy v Wales|
|Tips||Italy to cover +6 points in the first half Best Bet||@ 1 / 1|
Italy still have much to prove in this tournament as they are again favourites for the wooden spoon after going through the 2016 edition without winning a single match. There is renewed hope since Conor O'Shea was appointed as Head Coach and they have won three of his six matches in charge, including a stunning success against South Africa in Rome in November
The Azzurri then slumped to defeat to Tonga in their last match though and O'Shea will be hoping that his side can make an impression in what will be his first Six Nations fixture.
The Welsh thumped Italy 67-14 in Cardiff last year which means they have now won their past two meetings by an aggregate scoreline of 128-34!
A Tight First Half
However, this Wales side are far from convincing as Rob Howley is still in temporary charge while Warren Gatland takes his sabbatical in preparation for the British and Irish Lions tour later this year and Howley may have won three of his four matches in charge since September but he still has plenty to prove.
Howley has installed Alan Wyn Jones as his new captain but he must do without the injured Taulupe Faletau on Sunday and we fancy Wales to struggle early on in Italy, where both of their two previous Six Nations defeats at the hands of the Azzurri occurred.
The Italians will be keen to come out of the traps quickly on home soil and we are backing them to cover +6 points in the first-half (Evens with Betfred.com). It is a bet that has paid out in five of their six matches under O'Shea, as well as in both of their two previous meetings with Wales in Rome.
North To Strike
Wales's quality should ultimately see them secure victory though and George North will be relishing the chance to take on Italy again. North has scored five tries in his past three appearances in this fixture and he is 8/1 to be first tryscorer (Ladbrokes).
First Tryscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Rugby-union Articles
England To Make It 15 Wins In A Row With Victory Over France
England V France Six Nations Betting Preview
Ireland To Secure A Narrow Win Over Scotland At Murrayfield
Scotland V Ireland Six Nations Betting Preview
Ireland Tipped To Pip England To The Six Nations Crown
2017 Six Nations Betting Preview
England v South Africa Headlines Our Best Bets Treble For Saturdays Autumn Internationals
Autumn Internationals Treble Pays 4/1
Glasgow Warriors Tipped To Battle Their Way To The 2017 Guinness Pro 12 Title
Guinness Pro 12 Season Betting Preview
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers