2018 Six Nations Betting Preview: England And Ireland To Finish Top Of The Pile Again
The 2018 Six Nations gets underway this weekend and England will be looking to get off to a winning start in Italy as the two-time defending champions bids to become the first team to win three successive Six Nations titles...
|3rd February - 17th March||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|2018 Six Nations|
|Tips||Straight Forecast: England-Ireland Best Bet||@ 2 / 1||Betfred|
|Stuart Hogg Top Tryscorer (each way)||@ 20 / 1||Paddy Power|
Eddie Jones's men were denied a Grand Slam by defeat to Ireland in Dublin last year and that remains the only blemish on the Australian's CV as Head Coach, with England winning 22 of his 23 games in charge.
It is no surprise to see that England are even-money favourites (Paddy Power) despite the absence of the injured Billy Vunipola and Elliot Daly, as well as the suspended Joe Marler, and they will take some stopping.
Ireland, the 2014 and 2015 Six Nations champions, are 15/8 second-favourites and they head into the tournament in fine form after winning their past seven matches in a row. Joe Schmidt's men are always dangerous but their match with England this year is at Twickenham, where they have lost their past four visits.
With that in mind, the straight forecast of England-Ireland to finish in the top-two in that order looks like the best bet at 2/1 (Betfred).
A resurgent Scotland team are a tempting 11/1 after they beat Ireland, Wales and Italy last year. Gregor Townsend's side picked up some notable results during the autumn too but they must travel to Wales and Ireland this year as they bid to win the Six Nations for the first time since 1999.
Stuart Hogg is likely to be a stand-out performer after being named 'Player Of The Tournament' at each of the past two Six Nations and the man who has scored six tries in his past eight appearances for his country is 20/1 to be top tryscorer this year (PaddyPower.com).
Warren Gatland reckons Wales are favourites this year but injury issues, as well as the fact that they have to travel to both England and Ireland, ensures they are 20/1 for a reason.
France are also 20/1 as they start life under new management, while Italy are a massive 500/1 and firm favourites for the wooden spoon.
2018 Six Nations Odds
*Odds correct as of 19th Feb, 08:17. Odds are subject to change.
Archive - Previous 5 Rugby-union Articles
Toulon tipped to topple Saracens off European Rugby Champions Cup perch
2017/2018 European Champions Cup Betting Preview
Aviva Premiership Season Betting Preview
Saracens Tipped For Glory Ahead Of Leicester
Wounded All Blacks To Seal The Series With A Resounding Win Over The Lions
New Zealand V British And Irish Lions 3rd Test Betting Preview
New Zealand To Secure The Series With Victory Over The Lions In Wellington
New Zealand V British And Irish Lions 2nd Test Betting Preview
New Zealand To Put The British And Irish Lions To The Sword At Eden Park
New Zealand V Lions First Test Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers