- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Money Back As A Free Bet If Alexis Sanchez Scores v Chelsea
- BETFAIR - 30/1 Man Utd win or 40/1 Chelsea win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Andy Murray Tipped For Tennis Gold At The 2016 Rio Olympics
The 2016 Olympics is almost upon us and we've taken a look at the Men's Singles Tennis, which gets underway on Saturday. It is no surprise to see that Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray head the betting as five of the world's other top-ten ranked players are missing, with Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka both withdrawing through injury...
|6th August - 14th August||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Olympic Tennis Men's Singles|
|Tips||Andy Murray to win gold Best Bet||@ 5 / 2|
|Marin Cilic to win gold (each way)||@ 50 / 1|
The tournament is being played on the hard courts of the Olympic Tennis Center in Rio and there is the potential for an upset or two as matches are best-of-three sets up until next Sunday's final, which is a best-of-five affair.
Novak Djokovic served notice of his capabilities on hard courts by winning the Rogers Cup in Canada last week and it was a welcome return to form after his shock exit from Wimbledon. The world number one, who has won seven titles already this year, is 4/6 favourite for Olympic gold (Sky Bet) and the Serb will be keen to improve on his fourth place effort from 2012.
However, Andy Murray makes far more appeal at the prices (5/2 with Sky Bet) as the British star should be well rested after taking a break following his Wimbledon success. Murray is of course defending Olympic champion after winning gold at London in 2012 and that success proved to be a springboard for his three subsequent Grand Slam titles.
With Ivan Lendl back in his corner, Murray is a formidable opponent and the Davis Cup hero has shown that representing his country matters more to him than most tennis players.
Meanwhile, Rafael Nadal is third-favourite at 16/1 (Betway) but his price makes little appeal as he continues to struggle with wrist problems, while 2012 quarter-finalist Kei Nishikori (16/1) has work to do as the Rogers Cup runner-up often struggles against the very best in the world, with the Japanese star having lost nine meetings in a row against Djokovic.
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (50/1) also tends to struggle against the very best in the world and will stuggle to better his quarter-final of 2012, while Juan Martin del Potro (80/1) will do well to emulate his bronze medal effort of four years ago, albeit it is wonderful to see the Argentine working his way back to full fitness.
The Outside Bet
It is Marin Cilic who perhaps represents the best each-way value at 50/1 (Betfred) as the 2014 US Open champion tends to thrive on the hard courts at this time of year. The Croatian, who recently split with his coach Goran Ivanisevic, looked in sublime touch at Wimbledon before letting a winning position slip in his quarter-final with Roger Federer.
Like Murray, Cilic thrives when playing for his country and he played a starring role for Croatia when they came from 2-0 down to beat USA and book their place in the semi-finals of the Davis Cup. Cilic's big serve could be a handy weapon in Brazil and he is worth a small each-way wager.
2016 Olympic Men's Tennis Odds
Archive - Previous 5 Olympics Articles
Mens 4 x 100m Relay Final Betting Jamaica odds on for yet another sprint gold
USA The Biggest Threat To Reigning Olympic Champions
Tom Daley remains near the head of the betting for gold in the Mens 10m Diving
World Champion Qui Bo Odds On For Gold In The Aquatics Centre
Shanaze Read joint favourite for gold in the Womens BMX betting
Brit Bids To Erase Bitter Memories Of Beijing
Mo Farah a short odds bet for another gold medal in the Mens 5000m Final
10,000m Champion Goes For The Double At The Olympic Stadium
Brazil v Mexico Odds Brazilians hot favourites to win first Olympic gold
Neymar Heads The First Goalscorer Betting At Wembley
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers