St Leger Betting
The Doncaster St Leger is the final classic of the season and is run over the longest classic distance of 1 mile 6 furlongs. Not only is it run over the longest distance but it is also the world's oldest Horseracing Classic, with a rich history dating back to 1776. The race is open to both three year old Colts and Fillies.
It will come as no surprise to learn that being the final Classic of the English flat racing season, the race attracts a huge betting market with an antepost market that becomes extremely lively once the outcomes of the Epsom Derby and the Epsom Oaks are known. In fact the race has one of the most active Ante Post Betting Markets in racing.
The St Leger is the only Classic run in the north; it offers a final opportunity for the three year olds colts and fillies to make their mark on the year's racing calendar. Stamina is always a vital requirement and it is often run by horses who have not quite had the speed to win a Derby or Oaks, but who stayed on in those races.
|Saturday 16th September - 3.35pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
Read our Betting Preview
|Tips||Capri to win Best Bet||@ 4 / 1|
St Leger 2018 Odds
2018 St Leger Racecard
2017 St Leger Result
|1st||1. Capri||R L Moore||A O'Brien||3/1|
|2nd||3. Crystal Ocean||J Crowley||Sir M Stoute||5/1|
|3rd||8. Stradivarius||James Doyle||J Gosden||9/2|
Recent St Leger Winners
|2017||Capri||R Moore||A O'Brien|
|2016||Harbour Law||G Baker||L Mongan|
|2015||Bondi Beach||C O'Donoghue||A O'Brien|
|2014||Kingston Hill||A Atzeni||R Varian|
|2013||Leading Light||J O'Brien||A O'Brien|
|2012||Encke||M Barzalona||M Al Zarooni|
|2011||Masked Marvel||W Buick||J Gosden|
|2010||Arctic Cosmos||W Buick||J Gosden|
|2009||Mastery||T Durcan||S Suroor|
|2008||Conduit||F Dettori||M Stoute|
|2007||Lucarno||J Fortune||J Gosden|
|2006||Sixties Icon||F Dettori||J Noseda|
|2005||Scorpion||F Dettori||A O'Brien|
|2004||Rule Of Law||K McEvoy||S Suroor|
St Leger Betting Options
The St Leger is the feature race of the four day St Leger Online Betting meeting. The Festival attracts huge crowds and bears witness to some excellent races throughout the week, including the Portland Handicap, one of the year’s most important sprint handicaps.
There are six more Group races during the week including the Group 2 Doncaster Cup, and three Group Two races for juveniles - the May Hill Stakes, Champagne Stakes and Flying Childers Stakes.
Bookmakers will be offering very competitive St Leger odds on all the Festival races in addition to their FREE Bet facilities which punters can access by opening an account with any of the bookmakers listed on this site.
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers