- WALES v NORTHERN IRELAND - 6/1 Wales to win (Betway)
- WALES v NORTHERN IRELAND - 7/1 Gareth Bale to score (Betfair)
- WALES v NORTHERN IRELAND - 6/1 Wales win or 14/1 N. Ireland win (Betfair)
- IRISH DERBY - 7/1 Harzand to win with Paddy Power
- IRISH DERBY - 7/1 Harzand to win with Betfair
- CROATIA v PORTUGAL - 8/1 Croatia to win with Paddy Power
- CROATIA v PORTUGAL - 7/1 Cristiano Ronaldo to score (Betfair)
- CROATIA v PORTUGAL - 8/1 Croatia win or 10/1 Portugal win (Betfair)
- FRANCE v IRELAND - 4/1 France to win (Paddy Power)
- FRANCE v IRELAND - 4/1 France to win (Betfair)
- GERMANY v SLOVAKIA - 4/1 Germany to win (Paddy Power)
- GERMANY v SLOVAKIA - 4/1 Germany to win (Betway)
- GERMANY v SLOVAKIA - 4/1 Germany to win (Betfair)
- EURO SPECIAL - 6/1 Germany and Belgium BOTH to win (Paddy Power)
- BELGIUM v HUNGARY - 5/1 Belgium to win (Paddy Power)
- BELGIUM v HUNGARY - 4/1 Belgium to win (Betway)
- BELGIUM v HUNGARY - 5/1 Belgium to win (Betfair)
- ITALY v SPAIN - 12/1 Italy to win (Paddy Power)
- ITALY v SPAIN - 6/1 Spain to win (Paddy Power)
- BET VICTOR - Bet £5 On England v Iceland & Get £5 FREE Bet For Every Remaining Match In Euros
- ENGLAND v ICELAND - 5/1 England to win (Paddy Power)
- ENGLAND v ICELAND - 4/1 England to win (Betway)
- EURO 2016 - Bet 365 offer money back on any game that ends 0-0
- Live In-Play - BMW International Open
- Live In-Play - Quicken Loans National
- WATCH LIVE SPORT at BET365
- Next Southampton Manager - Latest Odds
Thistle Should Crack Decent Cleeve Hurdle Field At Cheltenham
Saturday 30th January 2016, 3.35pm - Cleeve Hurdle
All eyes will fall on Cheltenham this Saturday as they host their always popular Trials Day card with the Cleeve Hurdle among the highlights of the fixture The Cleeve is one of the key trial races for the World Hurdle each season and that looks the case again this season with a very good cast list of seven runners engaged this season.
- Big Buck's was the last horse to win the Cleeve Hurdle and the World Hurdle in the same season back in 2009
- Paul Nicholls has trained the Cleeve Hurdle winner three times during his career (2015, 2012 + 2009)
Improved Thistlecrack The One To Beat
There is no doubt that staying hurdle star of the division so far this winter has been Thistlecrack and the Colin Tizzard trained horse is set to start a warm order for this one as a result. The 8-year-old really came to prominence last season when he won the Grade 1 Novice Hurdle at Aintree and he is yet to look back from there.
He ran Killultagh Vic very close at Punchestown which now looks top drawer form and he has won both the Long Distance and Long Walk Hurdles this season to mark himself as the clear jolly for the World Hurdle in March.
That form certainly makes him the one to beat and the most likely winner with the only negative surrounding him being his very poor run on the only time he has raced at Cheltenham in his career. That would be a slight worry but Thistlecrack is surely a different horse now and as such looks a worth favourite here at a price of 8/11 with Sky Bet.
Who Can Challenge The Favourite?
Punters wanting to oppose the jolly on Saturday don't have too many options but one who is interesting is the fascinating Camping Ground (5/2). The Robert Walford trained 6-year-old produced an electric display on New Year's Day when he crushed the field to win the Relkeel Hurdle in stunning fashion.
That performance was a sensational one and on the bare form, he is certainly one to consider but there are potential pitfalls for his backers. That win did come down at 2m4f and on near bottomless ground and he will need to produce the same sort of performance up in trip and on better ground if he is to mix it with Thistlecrack which is possible, but he will need more again.
Ptit Zig is a classy animal for Paul Nicholls and it will be interesting to see how he fares on his return to hurdles after an aborted chasing career. At his best, Ptit Zig is very good indeed and mustn't be ruled out but he has failed to complete his last two races over fences and might be best watched on this occasion at 5/1 with Sky Bet.com.
We should also mention Knockara Beau (33/1) who won this race two years ago which means we must not rule him out, although that was on much heavier ground and his recent form would suggest he might find a second Cleeve win a big ask this weekend.
Thistlecrack Should Be Too Good
Camping Ground could be the danger here but this is another big step up for him this weekend and given the way Thistlecrack has performed so far this season, it is hard to oppose him. Colin Tizzard has already had a great season with Cue Card and although he does need to perform at Cheltenham, we are backing the Dorset handler to pick up another big race win this weekend with Thistlecrack in the Cleeve.
|Saturday 30th January - 3.35pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Tips||Thistlecrack to win Best Bet||@ 8 / 11|
Cleeve Hurdle Betting - Click To Bet
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Gullinbursti tipped to cause Sky Bet Chase shock at Doncaster
Le Mercurey Heads The Betting For Town Moor Feature
Mullins Monopoly Will Not Overshadow Cheltenham Festival
The Dominance Of Closutton Maestro Has Concerned Jumps Fans
Faugheen and Douvan dominate at Leopardstown and star in Jumps review
Un De Sceaux Hands Willie Mullins More Grade 1 Success
The New One can retain Champion Hurdle Trial title at Haydock
Melodic Rendezvous The Biggest Danger To Hot Favourite
Its Afreebee Looks A Bargain In Supreme Trial Novices Hurdle Betting
Le Prezien To Start Favourite At Haydock
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you a £30 free bet.
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an new betting account with the bookmaker Ladbrokes and you can claim a £50 free bet.
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Open an account with Coral and get £30 in free bets:
- Click on a link to Coral
- Open a new betting account
- Have your first bet of £10
- Coral will credit your account with £30 in free bets
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an account with online bookmaker BetVictor and get £25 in free bets. BetVictor will match your first bet with a free bet to the same value, up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 in Free Bets
Open an account with Sky Bet:
- Register with Sky Bet.
- Sky Bet will have a special off for Euro 2016
Open Account - Open an Account
Get a £30 Free Bet when opening a new account with online bookmaker Betway.
- Register with Betway
- Place a bet of £10 or more
- Betway will match your first bet with a free bet up to £30
Open Account - £30 Free Bet at Betway
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers