Bristol De Mai to beat Cue Card in Betfair Chase at Haydock Park
Saturday 25th November, 2017 - 3:00pm Haydock Park - Betfair Chase
It was a real shame when it was announced earlier in the week that reigning Cheltenham Gold Cup hero Sizing John would not line up in the Grade 1 Betfair Chase at Haydock Park, due to the ground, but the weekend showpiece will still see some top quality performers go to post, and connections of all six contenders will all fancy their chances of running a huge race on Saturday afternoon.
- Cue Card has won this race three times (2013, 2014, 2016)
- Bristol De Mai won the Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby
- No Irish-trained runner has won this race
|Saturday 25th November - 3.00pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Tips||Bristol De Mai to win Best Bet||@ 11 / 8|
Bristol De Mai vs Cue Card
Nigel Twiston-Davies trained Imperial Commander to victory in this race in 2010, and the Naunton handler will saddle Bristol De Mai in the 2017 renewal, and fresh from a fine win in the Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby, it's no surprise to see him installed as the 11/8 favourite with Paddy Power to bag victory in this event.
He will relish the testing conditions on Saturday, and is an improving staying chaser that could turn into a real Gold Cup contender in March, and if he can build on that impressive half-a-length win in the Charlie Hall then looks to be the one to beat here, but in Cue Card he will face a horse bidding for fourth win in the race.
A winner in 2013, 2014 and 2016, the Colin Tizzard-trained veteran was last seen falling in the aforementioned Charlie Hall, and he will need to show that that tumble hasn't left its mark, but if he can produce his best form then many will enjoy lapping up the 2/1 on offer with Unibet bookmakers.
Harry Cobden will take over from Paddy Brennan in the saddle, and it will be interesting to see how that pair get on together, but Cue Card will need to bounce back to his best form to land a blow on Bristol De Mai, and at the current prices it's certainly worth siding with the Twiston-Davies-trained jolly.
Best Of The Rest
Outlander will attempt to be the first Irish-trained winner of this race, as Gordon Elliott's raider will make the trip over the Irish Sea to Haydock Park, but while the nine-year-old was impressive when winning the JNWine.com Champion Chase last time out, he will need a lot more to beat some top notch British rivals on Saturday, and at 6/1 with bet365 looks pretty skinny.
Nick Williams will saddle Tea For Two, and that runner will be like Bristol De Mai and Cue Card in chasing the lucrative £1m bonus should a horse win this race, the King George VI Chase and the Cheltenham Gold Cup, but this 10/1 chance with Betfair can often struggle at the highest level, and is one to avoid.
Traffic Fluide (20/1) and Shantou Flyer (66/1) will conclude the sextet, and both will find this sort of level far too hot to handle, so it's sure to be race dominated by the front few in the betting, and it's Bristol De Mai that can prevail victorious, and make it two wins in a row.
2017 Betfair Chase Odds
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Romain De Senam to storm to BetVictor Gold Cup glory at Cheltenham
2017 BetVictor Gold Cup Preview
Melbourne Cup Odds Johannes Vermeer Can Give Aidan OBrien Another Famous Success
Almandin Aiming To Win The Race That Stops A Nation Once Again
More Of That can run a huge race in JNWine Champion Chase at Down Royal
Our Duke A Warm Order For Grade 1 Feature
Saxon Warrior to bag Racing Post Trophy glory at Doncaster
Aidan O'Brien To Break Bobby Frankel's Group 1 Record
Bateel to down Journey and win Fillies and Mares Stakes at Ascot
2017 Fillies & Mares Stakes Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers