Ribchester can bound to Queen Elizabeth II Stakes glory on Champions Day
Saturday 21st October, 2017 - 3:15pm Ascot - Queen Elizabeth II Stakes
Ribchester will attempt to cement his place as one of the elite milers in the world on Saturday when the Richard Fahey-trained raider goes for glory in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot, but the Godolphin-owned raider will face a host of notable rivals in this Group 1 thriller on British Champions Day, as the likes of Churchill and Beat The Bank aim to grab the valuable prize.
- Seven of the last ten winners have been aged three
- The biggest priced winner in ten years is 11/2
- Four of the last six renewals have been won by the favourite
|Saturday 21st October - 3.15pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Queen Elizabeth II Stakes|
|Tips||Ribchester to win Best Bet||@ 2 / 1|
Second to Minding in this race 12 months ago, Ribchester returned to the Berkshire venue at the Royal meeting and blitzed his rivals in the Queen Anne Stakes, and if he can replicate that sort of display then has to be the one they all have to beat, and the 2/1 with bet365 is more than fair.
He suffered a shock defeat to Here Comes When (25/1) in the Sussex Stakes at Glorious Goodwood, but bounced back to form in the Prix Moulin in France, and providing Ascot isn't hit by much more rain then Fahey's stable star can end the season on a winning note, and secure top-class status in the one-mile division.
Aidan O'Brien, who trained Minding to victory last year, will saddle Churchill, who has failed to kick on having won the English and Irish 2000 Guineas, and while he will enjoy a drop back to eight furlongs he is one that will certainly not want too much of the wet stuff, and at 4/1 with Ladbrokes is easy to avoid.
Andrew Balding's Beat The Bank is the progressive horse taking his chance, and he was last seen storming to victory in the Group 2 Joel Stakes at Newmarket, and if he can continue on an upward curve then could be the biggest danger to Ribchester, but the 5/1 chance with Betfair will need to improve again, and may just find it tough to down proven Group 1 performers.
Andre Fabre's Al Wukair was third in the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket on his last trip to Britain, and he was a classy winner of the Prix Jacques Le Marois last time out, so at 6/1 with Betfair he is certainly one of the most intriguing runners in the line-up, and he has to be given the utmost respect.
Saeed bin Suroor's Thunder Snow was third in the Jacques Le Marois, so will have work to do to turn that form around, and may struggle at 16/1 with bet365, while Here Comes When is one that will be relishing every drop of rain at Ascot in the lead-up to the race, and if it turns very soft then at 25/1 with Coral is the each-way play.
Worth A Mention
Lightnening Spear (25/1) beat Zonderland (33/1) in the Celebration Mile at Goodwood earlier in the season, and that pair add significant depth to this contest, while Persuasive is another quality performer on his day, and at 20/1 with most firms is an eye-catching runner, but it could be a race dominated by the fancied contenders, and Ribchester can bag victory on Saturday afternoon.
2017 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Odds
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Quiet Reflection The Each Way Play In Stunning British Champions Sprint Stakes
Harry Angel Should Beat Caravaggio At Ascot
Punters Should Be On The Cracksman To Win The Champion Stakes At Ascot
Brametot Might Out Run On His Odds On Champions Day
Who Dares Wins tipped to shine in Betfred Cesarewitch at Newmarket
2017 Cesarewitch Handicap Betting Preview
Improving US Navy Flag A Massive Each Way Price In Exciting Dewhust Stakes Market
Expert Eye Could Be Something Special
Magical tipped to land Fillies Mile glory at Newmarket
Aidan O'Brien To Win Group 1 For Fourth Year In A Row
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers