Un De Sceaux to claim Clarence House Chase hat trick at Ascot
Saturday 20th January, 2017 - 3:35pm Ascot - Clarence House Chase
Un De Sceaux was a runaway winner of the Clarence House Chase last year, which was run at Cheltenham, but the Willie Mullins-trained star will aim to retain that Grade 1 crown on Saturday, as the race returns to Ascot, and the Closutton raider will be a red-hot favourite for the showpiece event, which sees only five runners head to the 2m 167y start.
- Un De Sceaux won this race in 2016 & 2017
- Un De Sceaux was a 25-length winner of Hilly Way Chase last time out
- Brain Power fell in the Henry VIII Novices' Chase last time
|Saturday 20th January - 3.35pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Clarence House Chase|
|Tips||Un De Sceaux to win Best Bet||@ 4 / 7|
Un De Sceaux To Outclass Rivals
Last seen cruising to a 25-length win in the Hilly Way Chase at Cork last time out, Un De Sceaux is still producing the goods at the highest level, and having won the Ryanair Chase at the Cheltenham Festival last month, it's no surprise to see him installed as a red-hot 4/7 favourite with Coral bookmakers for this contest.
He is already a clear 4/1 market leader for the Ryanair Chase in two months time, and if he can ease to victory here, then he is sure to be cut in that market as well, and having previously won this race at Ascot in 2016, then the Irish superstar will be aiming to land a hat-trick of wins, and cement his place as one of the premier chasers in training.
He is sure to be sent out in front from the off, and having won the 2m 5f Ryanair Chase then stamina will be no issue, and having appeared to iron out the jumping issues he had in his younger days then the Emerald Isle raider can outclass his rivals here, and land his third win in a row in this race.
Brain Power The Main Danger
Nicky Henderson saddled Sprinter Sacre to victory in this race in 2013, and the Seven Barrows handler will aim to regain the title on Saturday and sends the interesting novice, Brain Power to the Berkshire venue, and he is a best-priced 3/1 with Betfair Sportsbook to win this contest.
He was a faller last time out when looking beat in the Henry VIII Novices' Chase, but had previously eased to a victory over fences at Kempton Park, so if he can bounce back from his tumble then could put some pressure on Un De Sceaux, but while he was a classy hurdler, he still lacks the experience over the larger obstacles, and while he will turn into a classy jumper, he will struggle to down the favourite here.
Best Of The Rest
Harry Fry's Kylemore Lough was a Grade 1-winning novice, but failed to land any sort of blow when sent off favourite for the BetVictor Gold Cup at Cheltenham a few months ago, and at 12/1 with Betfred it's hard to see him being good enough to land this prize, while San Benedeto and Speredek, both 20/1, are another brace of runners that will struggle in a race that will be fought out by the two favourites, with Un De Sceaux claiming a hat-trick of wins in the race.
2018 Clarence House Chase Odds
*Odds correct as of 19th Jan, 15:53. Odds are subject to change.
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Mont Des Avaloirs tipped to win Tolworth Hurdle at Sandown Park
2018 Tolworth Hurdle Betting Preview
Punters Should Go Down Bishops Road For Their Welsh Grand National Bet
Chase The Spud Is No Potato
Poetic Rhythm to hit the right tune in Challow Hurdle at Newbury
Kilbricken Storm Heads The Betting For Final Grade 1 Of Year
Progressive Thomas Campbell to storm to Long Walk Hurdle win at Ascot
2017 Long Walk Hurdle Betting Preview
Clever Fox Norton Looks A Big Price For Stunning King George VI Chase At Kempton
Might Bite Looks The One To Beat On Boxing Day
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers