- TREBLE SPECIAL - Paddy Power go 25/1 for West Ham, Chelsea and Leicester ALL to win (New Accounts)
- ACCA SPECIAL - 30/1 Chelsea, West Ham, Leicester and Newcastle ALL win (New Betfair Customers)
- PREMIER LEAGUE - 10/1 Man Utd and Leicester BOTH to win (New Coral Accounts)
- CHAMPIONSHIP - Get 7/1 for Middlesbrough to beat Brighton with Paddy Power (New Customers)
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 12/1 Middlesbrough win or 16/1 Brighton win with Betfair
- NORWICH v MAN UTD - New Betfair customers get 10/1 for Man United to win
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 6/1 for Leicester to beat Everton with Paddy Power
- LEICESTER v EVERTON - New Betfair customers get 6/1 for Leicester to win
- TREBLE SPECIAL - New Paddy Power customers can get 20/1 for Spurs, Liverpool and Man City ALL win
- SUPER SUNDAY - Betfair go 20/1 Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal ALL win (New Customers)
- TOTTENHAM v SOUTHAMPTON - 12/1 for Spurs to win with Betfair (New Accounts)
- PREMIER LEAGUE - Coral go 8/1 for Liverpool and Spurs BOTH to win (New Accounts)
- NEW CUSTOMERS - 14/1 Southampton to beat Spurs with Paddy Power
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Paddy Power offer 7/1 Man City win or 10/1 Arsenal win
- PREMIER LEAGUE - Betfair go 7/1 Man City win or 10/1 Arsenal win (New Accounts)
- Live In-Play - Trophee Hassan II
- Live In-Play - Wells Fargo Championship
- Next Aston Villa Manager - Latest Odds
- WATCH LIVE SPORT at BET365
Top five flat racing moments of 2012: Frankels Royal Ascot romp leads the way
There was plenty to enjoy during the 2012 flat racing season and it is tough to know where to begin when reviewing the campaign. There were so many highlights and it is a difficult job to get it down to a top-five moments, although any review can only really start in one place and that it is with the magnificent Frankel.....
1. Frankel wins the Queen Anne at Royal Ascot
Well, where do you start? Unbeaten in 14 starts, including victory in the Lockinge Stakes and Queen Anne to start his 2012 campaign, followed by a successful defence when 1/20 favourite in the Sussex Stakes and a seven-length romp with trainer Sir Henry Cecil at his side in the Juddmonte International at York. It is the stuff of fairytales and the exceptional colt rounded off his career by proving his class in any conditions when winning the Champion Stakes on the most testing ground he has ever experienced before being retired to stud.
Of those five wins during 2012 it is his 11-length romp at Royal Ascot that stands above the rest. It has been described as one of the great performances as Frankel came up against quality horses like Excelebration and Strong Suit at Royal Ascot. He blew them out of the water though as he justified 1/10 odds on favouritism and positioned himself firmly among the pantheon of greats in flat racing.
2. Black Caviar wins the Diamond Jubilee
The 2012 Royal Ascot meeting was a very special time for horse racing as race goers got the opportunity to see the great Frankel and the much-vaunted Australian wonder mare Black Caviar. Few could remember a time when a foreign horse had garnered as much interest as Black Caviar and she didn't disappoint when making her first appearance outside of Australia,
Trainer Peter Moody left nothing to chance as Black Caviar wore a specially designed compression suit for the flight from Australia to England, although her jockey Luke Nolen nearly put a spanner in the works. Nolen began to ease up to early after the mare had dominated but she managed to see off Moonlight Cloud by a head in the end and in doing so she extended her winning run to an astonishing 22 races.
3. Camelot wins the Epsom Derby
Aidan O'Brien's Camelot caught the imagination by winning the 2,000 Guineas by a neck before landing the Epsom Derby. The colt romped to a five-length win to justify 8/13 favouritism with the bookies and it opened up the tantalising prospect of a crack at the Triple Crown. The Derby win alone was worthy of a place in the top-five for opening up the possibility of a run in the St Leger.
Camelot duly took up his engagement at Doncaster but fell short of becoming the first Triple Crown winner since Nijinsky in 1970 as he lost by ¾ length to Encke. A subsequent seventh in the Arc has raised questions about how good Camelot really is, although we will always have memories of that Derby win and O'Brien maintains he is the best horse he has ever trained.
4. Homecoming Queen wins the 1,000 Guineas
It is another from O'Brien's yard that caught the eye in 2012, albeit all too briefly. Homecoming Queen had gone in to the 1,000 Guineas as an outside chance at 25/1 and she was originally put in the race as a pacemaker for her more fancied stablemate Maybe. However, Homecoming Queen had ideas of her own as she cruised to a nine-length win to produce a real shock. The win looks to have been a fluke as she was defeated in her next two outings before being retired but she will forever be remembered for her stunning Guineas win.
5. Dawn Approach wins the Dewhurst Stakes
Dawn Approach is one of the most exciting 2-year-old colts around and was recently named as the best juvenile of 2012. It wouldn't be a surprise to be talking about Dawn Approach in the top-five moments of next year but it is his heroics during 2012 that have earned him a spot this time.
Jim Bolger's colt has won all six of his career starts, including the Group Two Coventry Stakes at Royal Ascot, but it was his success in the Dewhurst at Newmarket which really caught the eye. He went off a 3/10 favourite in his final start of the season in October and he edged out Olympic Glory by ¾ length to hand Bolger a fifth Dewhurst winner. The victory ensured Dawn Approach's place as one of the leading fancies for the 2013 Classics, including the 2,000 Guineas.
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Quevega installed as World Hurdle following injury to Big Bucks
Al Ferof Also Out For Season Reports Nicholls
The Ladbroke Betting Preview Alan Kings Balder Success a marginal favourite for Ascot
King Landed Ascot Handicap Hurdle With Raya Star In 2011
Leopardstown Christmas Festival Betting Preview Flemenstar favourite for the Lexus Chase
Betting Is Wide Open For Paddy Power Chase
2013 Champion Hurdle Betting Preview Grandouet on the move following return at Cheltenham
Hurricane Fly Leads The Way In Wide Open Market
Zarkandar clipped in the latest Champion Hurdle betting following International Hurdle success
Grandouet Also On The Move After Taking Second
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you a £30 free bet.
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an new betting account with the bookmaker Ladbrokes and you can claim a £50 free bet.
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Open an account with Coral and get £30 in free bets:
- Click on a link to Coral
- Open a new betting account
- Have your first bet of £10
- Coral will credit your account with £30 in free bets
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an account with online bookmaker BetVictor and get £25 in free bets. BetVictor will match your first bet with a free bet to the same value, up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 in Free Bets
Get up to £25 in free bets with Sky Bet:
- Sign up to Sky Bet and have a £5 bet.
- Skybet will then reward you with four £25 in free bets
Open Account - Free £25 Bet
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers