- PADDY POWER - 6/1 Dartmouth to win King George VI & QE Stakes
- CORAL - 8/1 Dartmouth to place in the top three of King George VI & QE Stakes
- BETFAIR - 6/1 Dartmouth to win the King George VI & QE Stakes
- BETFAIR - 5/1 Time Test to win the York Stakes
- PADDY POWER - 5/1 Time Test to win the York Stakes
- BETFAIR - 8/1 Leicester to beat Celtic
- CORAL - 7/1 Leicester to beat Celtic
- BETFAIR - 3/1 Chris Froome to win Tour de France
- PADDY POWER - 6/1 Lewis Hamilton to win the Hungarian Grand Prix
- CORAL - 10/1 Lewis Hamilton to win Hungarian Grand Prix
- BETFAIR - 6/1 Lewis Hamilton to win the Hungarian Grand Prix
- BETFAIR - 6/1 Barcelona to win La Liga
- BETFAIR - 25/1 Barcelona to win La Liga, Copa Del Rey and Champions League
- BETFAIR - 5/1 Barcelona to win La Liga and Copa Del Rey
- BETFAIR - 14/1 Barcelona to win Copa Del Rey and Champions League
- WATCH LIVE SPORT at BET365
- LIVE IN-PLAY - Senior Open Championship
- LIVE IN-PLAY - Canadian Open
- Next Hull Manager - Latest Odds
- Next Sunderland Manager - Latest Odds
Rocky Creek the tentative tip in woeful renewal of Denman Chase
Saturday 13th February, 2016 - 2:25pm Newbury - Betfair Denman Chase
Newbury label this weekend's Betfair Super Saturday card as "one of the jump season's most anticipated racedays and a superb oppportunity to see some of racing's star performers". Well, they certainly couldn't have been looking at the Betfair Denman Chase declarations when compiling that over zealous description of their National Hunt card, as the seven runners lining up, for what should be a leading Cheltenham Gold Cup trial, will certainly not be featuring in that Cheltenham Festival showpiece next month.
- Paul Nicholls has trained the winner eight times since 2000
- Coneygree won this race en route to Gold Cup glory last season
- All seven runners were unplaced on their last outing
A race won 12 months ago by Gold Cup hero Coneygree, this Grade 2 event has seen the likes of Kauto Star, Denman and Long Run all storm to glory at the Berkshire venue, but this year's renewal will certainly not whet the appetite of racegoers and they will be more focussing their eyes on the form guide for the Betfair Hurdle later in the day.
Rocky Creek Heads The Betting And Is One To Beat
Since the turn of the century Paul Nicholls has trained the winner of the Denman Chase, formerly known as the Aon Chase, eight times, and the Ditcheat handler will saddle the 13/8 favourite with Betfred here in the shape of Rocky Creek, who was last seen tackling Aintree's Grand National fences in the Grand Sefton Handicap Chase.
Pulled up that day, this ten-year-old was previously seen chasing home Don Cossack in the Grade 1 JNWine Champion Chase at Down Royal, and if he can recapture that sort of form then that should be good enough to land this disappointingly mediocre renewal this weekend.
He showed when second to Triolo D'alene in the 2013 Hennessy Gold Cup that he can perform well at the track, and with ground conditions likely to suit then he could well gain victory in a race that could be used as a springboard to the 2016 Grand National at the aforementioned Aintree.
Inconsistent Ballynagour Aims To Bounce Back
Ballynagour has not tasted success over fences since he bounded to victory in the 2014 Byrne Group Plate at the Cheltenham Festival and last seen pulling up in the King George VI Chase at Kempton Park on Boxing Day, the David Pipe-trained runner has become an inconsistent performer, so at 9/4 with Sky Bet is not an eye-catching betting proposition.
He will be in receipt of 6lb from Rocky Creek, which will be a huge positive, but if Rocky Creek can produce his best then he could well have the better of his Pond House adversary, and Nicholls' danger could come in the shape of Houblon Des Obeaux, who is a 7/2 shot with Betfred bookmakers.
Fourth in the Classic Chase, Venetia Williams's nine-year-old was a gallant second in this corresponding race last season, and is another that has performed well earlier in his career in the Hennessy Gold Cup, but no win in other over two years is a major worry and he could be set for another minor role here.
Giant Aims To Bolster Cheltenham Dream
It's interesting that former Cheltenham Gold Cup placed horse The Giant Bolster has elected to line up here, as having slipped to an attractive handicap mark some may have argued his case for bagging a Cheltenham handicap chase place, but David Bridgwater has elected to unleash his stable star here, and he is 14/1 with bet365.
He ran well for a long way in the Hennessy earlier in the season, and has shown that he can deliver the goods on occasions, but he is often found it tough to find his best, so is one to avoid, as is Bob Ford, who is 16/1 with Betfred, and is another plagued with inconsistency and it's hard to trust him at all.
Splash Of Ginge (16/1) and Midnight Appeal (66/1) complete the septet and both should way below this level, so while this race is only a Grade 2 in name, it maybe worth sticking with Paul Nicholls, who has a fine record in the race, and the tentative selection goes the way of the jolly.
|Saturday 13th February - 2.25pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Betfair Denman Chase|
|Tips||Rocky Creek to win Best Bet||@ 13 / 8|
2016 Betfair Denman Chase Odds
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Lightly Raced Kalkir Looks A Big Each Way Price In Betfair Hurdle Betting
Un-Exposed Blazer Might Sit Favourite Backers At Newbury
Shock results shake up the Cheltenham markets
A Weekend Racing Roundup
Expect Native River To Pour On The Pressure In Towton Novices Chase Betting
Blaklion Likely To Start Favourite For Wetherby Race
Irish Gold Cup Odds Riches The One To Beat At Leopardstown
Valseur Lido Could Be An Each Way Bet
Smad cements Place in Gold Cup picture after sparkling Cheltenham win
Thistlecrack Looks The Real Deal After Cleeve Hurdle Romp
Hold the door for Brann in this weekends football bankers treble
Norway's SK Brann Feature In A 7/2 Treble
Why Big Sam And England Are A Perfect Match
Sam Allardyce And England Are Made For One Another
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you a £30 free bet.
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an new betting account with the bookmaker Ladbrokes and you can claim a £50 free bet.
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Open an account with Coral and get £30 in free bets:
- Click on a link to Coral
- Open a new betting account
- Have your first bet of £10
- Coral will credit your account with £30 in free bets
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an account with online bookmaker BetVictor and get £25 in free bets. BetVictor will match your first bet with a free bet to the same value, up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 in Free Bets
Open an account with Sky Bet:
- Register with Sky Bet.
- Sky Bet will have a special off for Euro 2016
Open Account - Open an Account
Get a £30 Free Bet when opening a new account with online bookmaker Betway.
- Register with Betway
- Place a bet of £10 or more
- Betway will match your first bet with a free bet up to £30
Open Account - £30 Free Bet at Betway
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers