- NEW CUSTOMER SPECIAL - 12/1 Italy, Spain, Germany and Portugal ALL win with Paddy Power
- ACCA SPECIAL - 12/1 Italy, Spain, Germany and Portugal ALL win with Betfair (New Customers)
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - New Paddy Power customers get 7/1 for Real to beat Atletico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - Get 10/1 for Atletico to beat Real when you open an account with Paddy Power
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - 14/1 Real win or 20/1 Atletico win with Betfair (New Accounts)
- REAL v ATLETICO - New Paddy Power customers can get 7/1 for Ronaldo to score on Saturday
- REAL v ATLETICO - New Betway Customers get 7/1 for Real Madrid to win
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - 7/1 Cristiano Ronaldo to score on Saturday (New Betfair Customers)
- MONACO GRAND PRIX - 8/1 Lewis Hamilton or 8/1 Nico Rosberg to win with Betfair (New Accounts)
- Live In-Play - BMW PGA Championship
- Live In-Play - Dean and DeLuca Invitational
- Next Aston Villa Manager - Latest Odds
- Next Everton Manager - Latest Odds
- WATCH LIVE SPORT at BET365
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Betfair go 3/1 for Zlatan Ibrahimovic to join Manchester United
Lightly Raced Kalkir Looks A Big Each Way Price In Betfair Hurdle Betting
Saturday 13th February 2016, 3.35pm - Betfair Hurdle (Newbury)
All eyes on Newbury this weekend as they host their excellent Super Saturday card with the Betfair Hurdle the clear highlight from a punters point of view. The richest handicap hurdle in Europe, the Betfair Hurdle is steeped in history and as always we have a very difficult race to un-pick with 22 horses set to go down to post.
- Horses aged 5 or 6 have won the Betfair Hurdle every year since Geos won the race at 9 in 2004
- Eight of the last 11 winners have carried 10st10lbs or less on their back to victory
Willie Mullins Has A Strong Hand
We all know by now that Willie Mullins is dominating the sport again this winter and the Irish handler confirms that by being mob-handed for a race that he is yet to win. Mullins clearly has designs on becoming the British Champion Trainer and has five entered at the Berkshire track, including the red hot Blazer.
Barry Geraghty has decided to ride the un-exposed Blazer in the race which is a big boost for his followers and he is an interesting contender. The 5-year-old was last seen winning an average looking Handicap hurdle at Leopardstown earlier this month and Geraghty is clearly expecting much more form the horse in deeper company this weekend.
The bare form of the Blazer win last time out won't suit everyone but he looks fairly handicapped and might just be well in which means he is as short as 7/2 with Betfred to win the Betfair Hurdle.
The other Willie Mullins entry we like the look of is Kalkir (25/1) who will have plenty of weight on his back at 11st 6lbs, although David Mullins will be taking three off and this is a very lightly raced horse who is open to more. He finished a very creditable 2nd last time out in the Coral.ie Hurdle last month at Leopardstown and gave the impression he was off of a decent mark which means he is a more than decent each-way contender.
Other Contenders To Consider......
We must also consider the possibility that Willie Mullins doesn't have the winner of this big race (really), especially as there are a number of horses with more than a decent chance at the weights.
Modus is the main hope for Paul Nicholls and he is an un-exposed novice who has plenty of talent on his side. Barry Geraghty has chosen Blazer over him which would be a worry but Modus was a cracking Bumper horse and has impressed as a Novice Hurdler with two wins from three starts which means he does make some appeal at 7/1 with Bet 365.
The Philip Hobbs trained War Sound (8/1) is having his first start since impressing at Haydock last May which is interesting in itself, especially given the great form of the trainer so far this term. He is a lightly raced 7-year-old with a Champion Hurdle entry which highlights how highly he is thought of, although he will need to run a massive race first time out to take up that engagement next month.
War Sound will have Ciaran Gethings taking 5lbs off which could be a bonus for Philip Hobbs, whilst the same trainer will also be hoping for a big run from Sternrubin (9/1) who appears to still be on an upward curve. The 5-year-old has won his last three starts, including when dead heating with Jolly's Cracked It in the Ladbroke at Ascot and it will be a big surprise if he was out of the frame on Saturday.
Kalkir Looks The Bet
Modus, Blazer and War Sound are all of major interest as lightly raced, but hugely talented, hurdlers for top trainers but the one we like at a much bigger price is Kalkir. A very highly rated juvenile, Kalkir ran very respectably last time out and although he is a chaser in the long term and has plenty to carry on his back, his jockey is taking three of and maybe he is better than his current mark suggests.
|Saturday 13th February - 3.35pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Tips||Kalkir Each-Way Best Bet||@ 25 / 1|
Betfair Hurdle Betting - Click to Bet
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Shock results shake up the Cheltenham markets
A Weekend Racing Roundup
Expect Native River To Pour On The Pressure In Towton Novices Chase Betting
Blaklion Likely To Start Favourite For Wetherby Race
Irish Gold Cup Odds Riches The One To Beat At Leopardstown
Valseur Lido Could Be An Each Way Bet
Smad cements Place in Gold Cup picture after sparkling Cheltenham win
Thistlecrack Looks The Real Deal After Cleeve Hurdle Romp
Only Fools Would Ignore Who Dares Wins In Finesse Juvenile Hurdle Market
Classy Clan Des Obeaux Should Run Well
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you a £30 free bet.
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an new betting account with the bookmaker Ladbrokes and you can claim a £50 free bet.
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Open an account with Coral and get £30 in free bets:
- Click on a link to Coral
- Open a new betting account
- Have your first bet of £10
- Coral will credit your account with £30 in free bets
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an account with online bookmaker BetVictor and get £25 in free bets. BetVictor will match your first bet with a free bet to the same value, up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 in Free Bets
Open an account with Sky Bet:
- Register with Sky Bet.
- Sky Bet will have a special off for Euro 2016
Open Account - Open an Account
Get a free bet of £30 when opening a new account with online bookmaker Betway.
- Register with Betway
- Have a bet of £10 or more
- Betway will match that bet with a free bet up to £30
Open Account - £30 Free Bet at Betway
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers