Soft Ground Haydock Sprint Cup Can Go To Tasleet This Weekend
Saturday 9th September 2017, 2,25pm - 32Red Sprint Cup Stakes (Haydock)
There really is a packed weekend of racing to look forward to over the next couple of days, with the feature card in the UK on Saturday coming up at Haydock Park. The highlight of the fixture will be the Group 1 Sprint Cup over 6f with one of the best sprint fields of the season assembling...
- 3YO horses have won the Sprint Cup for the last three years on the bounce
|Saturday 9th September - 2.25pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Tips||Tasleet to win Best Bet||@ 11 / 2|
Soft Ground Expected Up At Haydock Park
The rain is sweeping across the UK this weekend and that is sure to have an impact on this race with another of the runners likely to be impacted.
Harry Angel is certainly one of those with cut in the ground unlikely to play into his strengths, despite his obvious class. The Godolphin owned horse has been dining at the top table of sprinting this season, with his win in the July Cup last time out at Newmarket the best piece of form in this field. He also has course and distance form at Haydock with his triumph in the Sandy Lane Stakes an impressive one back in May.
Harry Angel is clearly the one to beat on form, although the expected rain is perhaps not ideal for his chances, and at the moment he is 9/4 with Ladbrokes.
Brando (10/3) has been the talking horse over the last couple of days with some juice in the ground unlikely to inconvenience him. He won the Ayr Gold Cup on good to soft ground last season, and was a Group 1 winner over in France last time out for Kevin Ryan. Player.
Elsewhere, The Tin Man (7/1) has to be a contender on the basis of his Diamond Jubilee Stakes win back in June, although he did disappoint last time out in the July Cup behind Harry Angel. The James Fanshawe trained horse does have bits and pieces of form in softer ground, and did manage to beat Tasleet by a neck at Ascot.
Tasleet Expected To Thrive
Tasleet will bid to reverse the tables with the Tin Man this weekend, and there is every chance he will do just that. Trained by William Haggas, Tasleet is another one that no sort of race in the July Cup, but won a Group 2 on soft ground up at York earlier this season, and at a price of 11/2 with Ladbrokes, he could be the one to follow, especially if you draw a line through his recent performance at HQ.
Blue Point (10/1) actually beat Harry Angel earlier this season at Ascot and is a class act but he is untested on soft ground which would be a worry, whilst Magical Memory (14/1) will have no trouble in the conditions but he tends to come up short at the very highest level, and is an each-way play at best as a result.
Haydock Sprint Cup Betting - Click To Bet
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Top Tug to strike in competitive Ebor Handicap at York
2017 Ebor Handicap Betting Preview
Lady Aurelia And Battaash Set For Titanic Nunthorpe Stakes Clash
Classy Marsha The Each Way Play
Superstar filly Enable to land more Group 1 glory with Yorkshire Oaks success
Dual Oaks Winner To Outclass Rivals On Day Two Of Ebor Festival
Barney Roy to bound to Juddmonte International glory at York
Churchill And Ulysses Add Depth To Group 1 Showpiece
Crystal Ocean to hand Stoute more success in Gordon Stakes at Goodwood
2017 Gordon Stakes Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers