- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Money Back As A Free Bet If Alexis Sanchez Scores v Chelsea
- BETFAIR - 30/1 Man Utd win or 40/1 Chelsea win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Barney Roy to storm to Coral Eclipse glory at Sandown Park
Saturday 8th July, 2017 - 3:35pm Sandown Park - Coral-Eclipse
One of the highlights of the Flat season takes place at Sandown Park on Saturday afternoon as the Classic era lock horns with the older contingent in a fascinating renewal of the Coral-Eclipse at Sandown Park, and it's the three-year-old generation that dominate the betting in what should be a thrilling showpiece event.
- The last two renewals have been won by three-year-olds
- Barney Roy won St James's Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot last month
- Cliffs Of Moher was second in Investec Derby at Epsom
|Saturday 8th July - 3.35pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Tips||Barney Roy to win Best Bet||@ 3 / 1|
Three-Year-Olds Dominate Betting
Aidan O'Brien hasn't won this race since 2011, when So You Think bounded to glory, but the master of Ballydoyle will fancy returning to the winner's enclosure on Saturday, as he unleashes the Investec Derby runner-up Cliffs Of Moher, who could well relish a slight drop back in trip, and the Irish raider has been installed as the 2/1 favourite with Sky Bet bookmakers.
He was pipped by stablemate Wings Of Eagles at Epsom, so a drop back to 1m 1f 209y here could see him at his best, but he may just be vulnerable to the classy Barney Roy, who produced a blistering effort at Royal Ascot last month winning the Group 1 St James's Palace Stakes, and at 3/1 with Betfred makes much more appeal.
Richard Hannon's class act will step up from a mile, but he was certainly not stopping in the latter stages of that Royal success, and still lightly-raced he could be a major improver as the season goes on, and the 2000 Guineas runner-up can storm to victory here.
Martyn Meade's Eminent (4/1 with bet365) burst into the limelight when winning the Craven Stakes, but well fancied for both the 2000 Guineas and the Derby, he has just struggled when stepped up in Group 1 company, and he could have to play a minor role yet again here, and is the least fancied of the three-year-old triumvirate at the head of the betting.
Roger Charlton trained Al Kazeem to victory in 2013, and he will hope that Decorated Knight can hand him more glory in this valuable contest, as the Tattersalls Gold Cup hero wasn't disgraced when second to Highland Reel in the Prince Of Wales's Stakes at Royal Ascot, and at 8/1 with Paddy Power could be the real solid each-way player.
To date, not one of these runners has shown the sort of class Highland Reel has produced on the track, so while Decorated Knight will give significant weight away to the three-year-olds he has shown the love for a battle, and could quite easily grab a top-three spot.
Sir Michael Stoute's Ulysses was a short-head behind Decorated Knight in that Royal Ascot race last month, so while he is also an 8/1 chance with Ladbrokes, he may struggle to turn that form around, as Decorated Knight could be held a little closer to the pace on Saturday afternoon.
Spear Is Best Of The Rest
David Simcock's Lightning Spear ran a fine race when second in the Lockinge Stakes, but he has often blown more cold than hot, so it's no surprise to see him as big as 25/1 with Paddy Power, but if he can produce his best on Saturday then could be the lively outsider in the field, and can't be completely discounted.
2017 Coral-Eclipse Odds
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Wings Of Eagles Can Follow Up Epsom Success With Irish Derby Glory
Cracksman Should Run Well At The Curragh
Flymetothestars to outclass rivals in Northumberland Plate at Newcastle
Last Year's Second Seamour Aims To Go One Better In Marathon
Royal Owned Dartmouth The Favourite For Hardwicke Stakes Glory
Quirky Western Hymn Looks A Big Each Way Price
Suedois tipped to bag Diamond Jubilee Stakes victory at Royal Ascot
Limato Heads The Betting For Group 1 Sprint Feature
Classy Caravaggio To Scorch His Way To Commonwealth Cup Glory
Harry Angel And Blue Point Add Depth To Group 1
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers