- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Money Back As A Free Bet If Alexis Sanchez Scores v Chelsea
- BETFAIR - 30/1 Man Utd win or 40/1 Chelsea win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Punters Can Stand To Attention For Sub Lieutenant In Melling Chase
Friday 7th April 2017, 3.25pm - Melling Chase (Aintree)
Few races can match the roll of honour of the Grade 1 Melling Chase with names like Moscow Flyer, Sprinter Sacre and Master Minded all rolling off the tongue. We might not have a horse of that calibre in the field this season but we do have plenty of top class animals lined up for what is a clash of the Champion Chase and Ryanair horses from Cheltenham.
- Irish trained horses have won two of the last three renewals - Boston Bob and Don Cossack
- The last horse to win the race two years on the bounce was Voy Por Ustedes in
|Friday 7th April - 3.25pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Tips||Sub Lieutenant to win Best Bet||@ 7 / 2|
Top Class Trio At The Head Of The Market
The Melling is always a good race for punters to sink their teeth into and that is the case once again with three very good horses fighting for favouritism at the head of the market.
Chief among those is the defending champion God's Own who will be looking to become the first horse since Voy Por Ustedes to win the Melling Chase twice on the bounce. He ran a solid race in the Champion Chase and will enjoy the good ground, which means plenty will fancy him at 7/2 with Ladbrokes.
Fox Norton (3/1) was a staying on 2nd in the Champion Chase last month and connections have said that the step up in trip should suit the talented chaser. Officially rated the best of these, he is sure to run well and there is no reason to believe he won't frank that God's Own form once again.
The third horse at the top of the market is the Ryanair Chase runner-up Sub Lieutenant who was the only horse who managed to get close to the brilliant Un De Sceaux last month. The Henry De Bromhead trained chaser has only been beaten by the aforementioned UDS, Sizing John and Djakadam all season, and with conditions expected to suit, plenty will fancy him at 7/2 with Hills.
Best Of the Rest?
Uxizandre (7/1) at his bets would have a massive chance on Friday but the jury remains out after he returned from long term injury. He ran an ok race in the Ryanair Chase having been taken on for the lead, and he will need to be allowed to bowl along in front to have any chance of rolling back the years in this company.
Kylemore Lough (12/1) is hugely underrated and more than deserves his place in this company for Kerry Lee. He is one that rarely runs a bad race and won't be disgraced but on quick ground, he could well get outpaced by some of these classier types.
We should also mention Josses Hill (12/1) who at his best is a very classy animal, and he too seems to have sorted out his jumping this season. A flat track will suit this quirky animal and he might just out-run his odds, although he does tend to fall just below top level.
Punters need to decide if they prefer the Ryanair or the Champion Chase form when making their selections here. On balance it is the Ryanair Chase that stands out in the mind and Sub Lieutenant is due his moment in the sunshine. His run behind Un De Sceaux puts him ahead of this field and with a brilliant trainer on his side, he is the selection.
Melling Chase Betting - Click To Bet
Archive - Previous 5 Horse-racing Articles
Hendersons Favourite To Prove Top Notch In The Manifesto Novices Chase
2017 Manifesto Novices Chase Betting Preview
Champion Hurdle hero to storm to Aintree Hurdle win on Thursday
Buveur D'air Can Outclass His Rivals In Grade 1 Thriller
Expect Card To Be On Cue One Final Time in the Betway Bowl
Empire Of Dirt Should Run Well At Aintree
Yuften can storm to Lincoln Handicap glory at Doncaster
2017 Lincoln Handicap Betting Preview
Sizing John Can Give Harrington First Gold Cup Win
2017 Cheltenham Gold Cup Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers