- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Rest Of The World the value in Winning Nationality market at 2017 Open Championship
For those punters potentially trying to hedge a little when trying to find the 2017 Open Championship winner, they will enjoy getting stuck into the Winning Nationality betting on offer with the bookmakers for the Royal Birkdale showpiece, which starts on Thursday morning.
A European winner is currently heading the betting, but a winning American is vying for favouritism, but you can't discount the Rest of the World, who will be the outsider of three, however, possesses some strong candidates, so we look deeper into the areas, and pick out some of the key runners for specific nations.
- Since 2000 - 9 USA winners, 5 European winners, 3 Rest of the World winners
- Henrik Stenson won last year for Europe
- Padraig Harrington won in 2008 for Europe when last played at Royal Birkdale
|Thursday 20th July - 6.30am||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|2017 Open Championship Winning Nationality|
|Tips||Rest of the World Best Bet||@ 7 / 2|
Rory McIlroy will be the first name rolled off many people's tongue when trying to the name the first European golfer, but the Northern Ireland star has been struggling of late, and may find it tough this week, so European backers will have to look towards Spaniard Jon Rahm, who has rocketed on to the golfing world in recent times, and he has to be a leading European challenger.
Padraig Harrington was the winner the last time the Open was played at Royal Birkdale, so he will be a runner for your money, while Justin Rose is another star European heading to Merseyside, along with England's Tommy Fleetwood, who has been in red-hot form of late, and is looking for his Major challenge.
An 11/10 chance with Sky Bet to be the winning nationality, the European charge will see the likes of last year's winner Henrik Stenson, recent Masters hero Sergio Garcia and the consistent Paul Casey adding great depth, but at a shade of odds-against a European winner is a little skinny.
With three American players heading the outright betting for the Open then it could be a surprise to many than a US winner is 13/8 with Sky Bet bookmakers, as they will have the star trio of Dustin Johnson, Jordan Spieth and Rickie Fowler flying the Starspangledbanner at Royal Birkdale this week.
All three of those top notch stars are sure to be in the reckoning for glory this week, and if one of them can fly out the blocks on Friday then you have to feel that an American winner is much more attractive value than a European one, as nine Open winners since the turn of the century have been from the United States.
They might lack the strength in depth of the European challenge, with US Open winner Brooks Koepka aiming to land this second Major of the season, with Justin Thomas and Patrick Reed adding more depth, but that aforemention fancied triumvirate will mean the American charge is strong.
Rest Of The World
The Rest of the World challenge will be the weakest of the three, but they will have some real class acts taking to the tee on Thursday, with the Australian pair of Adam Scott and Jason Day both likely to play their part towards the head of the leaderboard over the four-day showpiece.
However, it's Japanese star Hideki Matsuyama, who has been tipped in our 2017 Open Championship Preview, and he has a tremendous chance of landing the prize at Royal Birkdale, and certainly makes the 7/2 with Sky Bet for a Rest of the World winner look decent value.
As well as Matusyama and the Australian pair, the South African challenge is sure to add some depth to the RoW team with former winner Louis Oosthuizen one that always excels in this event, with Branden Grace adding more depth alongside Marc Leishman, who will be another flying the Australian flag, and makes the 7/2 a cracking bet.
2017 Open Championship Winning Nationality Odds
Archive - Previous 5 Golf Articles
Hideki Matsuyama tipped to win 2017 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale
Top Class Field Set To Do Battle On Merseyside
Kuchar and Harrington Make Open Championship Golf Top Ten Appeal
Sergio Garcia Hugely Consistent At The British Open
Zach Johnson To Enhance His Stunning Record At The John Deere Classic
2017 John Deere Classic Betting Preview
Alex Noren and Henrik Stenson Are Our Best Bets For The Scottish Open
2017 Scottish Open Betting Preview
Keep The Faith With David Lingmerth At The Greenbrier Classic
2017 Greenbrier Classic Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers