- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Money Back As A Free Bet If Alexis Sanchez Scores v Chelsea
- BETFAIR - 30/1 Man Utd win or 40/1 Chelsea win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Zach Johnson To Enhance His Stunning Record At The John Deere Classic
The PGA Tour resumes with The John Deere Classic from Thursday and there is a place at next week's Open Championship up for grabs for the highest top-five finisher who hasn't already booked their starting place at Royal Birkdale...
|13th July - 16th July||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|John Deere Classic|
|Tips||Zach Johnson (each way) Best Bet||@ 25 / 1||Bet365|
|Kyle Stanley (each way)||@ 22 / 1||Bet365|
|Steve Stricker (each way)||@ 22 / 1||Bet365|
|Johnson Wagner (each way)||@ 66 / 1||Bet365|
The Market Leaders
The John Deere Classic returns to its traditional position just before The Open after it was moved to August to accommodate the Olympics last summer. It is an event that always sees low scoring as the TPC Deere Run in Illinois is one of the easiest courses on the PGA Tour and greens in regulation statistics have often been key indicators of performance on this 7,268 yard course.
Daniel Berger will get his first taste of this par-71 as he makes his course debut off the back of a stunning run of form that has seen him win the St Jude Classic and finish runner-up at the Travelers either side of a missed cut at the US Open.
Berger is a 12/1 favourite but that price is rather short as we prefer to focus on those with a bit of course experience under their belts.
Brian Harman actually won this event in 2014 but the recent US Open runner-up missed the cut in 2016 and he is very skinny at 14/1. Charley Hoffman is also available at 14/1 ahead of his first visit to the Deere Run since a missed cut in 2014, while Danny Lee is a 16/1 shot after his tie for 9th at the Greenbrier Classic last week.
Ryan Moore (35/1) is the defending champion and is preparing to make his first appearance since a missed cut at The Memorial.
However, we prefer the look of a couple of other former champions, notably Steve Stricker (22/1). The veteran won this tournament three times in a row from 2009 to 2011 and no one has achieved the three-peat feat on the PGA Tour since then.
Stricker is making his sixteenth appearance in this tournament and the former University of Illinois student will feel right at home here. People may write the 50-year-old off for being 'past it' but let's not forget he finished 4th at The Open twelve months ago, while he has secured three top-sixteen finishes in eight starts during 2017.
Tip #1: Steve Stricker (each way) @ 22/1 with Bet 365.
Zach Johnson always enjoys playing at this venue as the 2015 Open champion has a ridiculous record in a tournament where he is a board member. Johnson has one title and five other top-three finishes to show from his visits to the Deere Run since 2009 and his last eight visits have seen him go an eye-watering 133 under-par in total, with 29 of his past 30 rounds in the 60s.
Johnson, who has four top-twenties to his name this year, is a 25/1 shot at this stage.
Tip #2: Zach Johnson (each way) @ 25/1 with B365.
Kyle Stanley was runner-up in Illinois in 2011 and he has finished in the top-25 on three occasions since. It is clearly a course that suits a player who arrives in electric form and we simply cannot ignore the claims of the Quicken Loans National winner.
Stanley has secured four other top-fifteen finishes during 2017 and a player who ranks 2nd on the PGA Tour for greens in regulation percentage ranks as a decent bet here.
Tip #3: Kyle Stanley (each way) @ 22/1 with Bet365.com.
Finally, Johnson Wagner has endured a year to forget thanks to a plethora of missed cuts but a tie for 5th at the Quicken Loans National hinted at better things to come. A two-time winner on the PGA Tour, Wagner has a decent record at TPC Deere Run as he has gone 7-5-5 in his past three visits and he is worth a small each-way punt at 66/1.
Tip #4: Johnson Wagner (each way) @ 66/1 with Bet 365.
2017 John Deere Classic Odds
Archive - Previous 5 Golf Articles
Alex Noren and Henrik Stenson Are Our Best Bets For The Scottish Open
2017 Scottish Open Betting Preview
Keep The Faith With David Lingmerth At The Greenbrier Classic
2017 Greenbrier Classic Betting Preview
Shane Lowry Ranks As A Top Tip For The Irish Open
2017 Irish Open Betting Preview
Miguel Angel Jimenez Tipped To Shine At The US Senior Open
2017 US Senior Open Betting Preview
Ariya Jutanugarn Is Our Best Bet For The KPMG Womens PGA Championship
2017 KPMG Women's PGA Championship Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers