Napoli to beat Manchester City in Champions League cracker
We are set for a Champions League humdinger on Wednesday evening as free-scoring Manchester City head to Italy to face Serie A pacesetters Napoli, who are also netting for fun this season, and so we are destined to have an entertaining Group F clash, which could see City qualify for the knockout stages with a win.
- Manchester City beat Napoli 2-1 in their last meeting
- Napoli beat Manchester City 2-1 the last time they met in Italy
- Napoli have won ten and drawn one of 11 Serie A matches this season
|Wednesday 1st November - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Napoli v Manchester City|
|Tips||Napoli to win Best Bet||@ 9 / 5|
City Are Narrow Favourites
Two goals in the opening 15 minutes of the corresponding fixture in mid-October saw Manchester City dominate from the outset, but a second half strike from Napoli saw Pep Guardiola's side come under the cosh in the closing stages, but they managed to hold on for the win, and will head into Wednesday's clash as the narrow 6/4 favourites with bet365 bookmakers.
However, Napoli have been in phenomenal form all season, and top the Serie A table with ten wins and one draw in eleven matches, so will be hoping they can continue that fine form on Wednesday, and at 9/5 with Unibet could be the value play, as City are sure to have one eye on Sunday's Premier League clash with Arsenal.
The draw is available at 29/10 with Betfair Sportsbook, but with Napoli sitting three points behind Shakhtar Donetsk in Group F they will be desperate for the three points, and with City bagging nine points from the opening three games, then it could be Napoli that look to get on the front foot early, and can down Guardiola's in-form side.
Mertens To Ignite Napoli Win
Unsurprisingly, it's the red-hot Manchester City attacking pairing of Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus who are heading the betting for the first scorer in this match, with the former available at 9/2 with Unibet, while the latter is slightly bigger at 29/5 with Unibet to break the deadlock.
However, if Napoli are to land the victory here then they will be hoping that the sparkling Dries Mertens can score first, and the attacking star, who has already scored 12 goals this season, is a cracking 5/1 with Unibet to open the scoring, and that has to be worth backing if the Italians are to prevail.
For those looking for a bit of a safety net could also enjoy getting stuck into the 13/10 with Unibet about Mertens scoring in the 90 minutes in a match that could see a hatful of goals, and will be one of the highlights of week four in European's elite club competitions.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Liverpool v Maribor Odds Magic Mo Salah Can Destroy The Slovenian Champions At Anfield
Expect The Reds To Rack Up The Goals In The Champions League
Real Madrid Tipped To Beat Tottenham At Wembley
Tottenham V Real Madrid Betting Preview
Roma to down Chelsea in Champions League thriller
Roma V Chelsea Betting Preview
Another United Win To Nil Is The Bet Against Benfica
Manchester United V Benfica Betting Preview
Defences To Come Out On Top When Burnley Host Newcastle On Monday Night
Burnley V Newcastle Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers