Roma to down Chelsea in Champions League thriller
Chelsea and Roma played out a 3-3 thriller at Stamford Bridge in the last round of Champions League matches, and that pair will lock horns again on Tuesday night, and we are set for another stunning tie between the Group C pacesetters, with the sides doing battle in the Italian capital.
- Chelsea and Roma drew 3-3 in their last meeting
- Edin Dzeko and Eden Hazard scored two goals each in last match
- Roma have won their last three matches 1-0
|Tuesday 31st October - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Roma v Chelsea|
|Tips||Roma to win Best Bet||@ 17 / 10|
How Will It Go?
Eden Hazard's 75th minute strike rescued Chelsea from suffering their first defeat of their Champions League campaign, as the Belgian star bagged his second goal of the match, but Roma were the dominant force for large patches of that six-goal cracker, and with home advanatge they will face downing the Blues on Tuesday, and they are a best-priced 17/10 with bet365 to bag the win.
A 1-0 win against Bologna in Serie A at the weekend saw them record their eighth league win in ten matches, and it was their third 1-0 win on the spin since that aforementioned draw at Stamford Bridge, so you have to feel if they can continue that sort of form on Tuesday then they could well leapfrog Chelsea into top spot with a win.
The abovementioned Hazard struck in the second half of Chelsea's Premier League match with Bournemouth to land a 1-0 win of their own, and Antonio Conte's side are 7/4 with Unibet to down Roma in this tie, while the draw is 13/5 with Betfair, but Chelsea looked far from impressive against Roma last time out, and may prove vulnerable on their travels.
Defensive frailties often handed Roma some notable chances, and Edin Dzeko, in particular, caused havoc amongst the Chelsea rearguard, and if the former Manchester City frontman can sparkle once again on Tuesday, then he could be the defining factor of Roma soaring to eight points in Group C after four matches.
Roma Can Dominate From First Whistle
Chelsea face a tough home fixture with Manchester United at the weekend, so it would be no surprise to see Conte rest the odd key player for the trip to Italy, as he will fancy qualifying for the last-16 despite defeat against Roma, and if the home side can build on that fine display at Stamford Bridge, then they could dominate from the start, so 100/30 with Ladbrokes for Roma to be leading at half-time and full-time is worth snapping up.
Dzeko To Ignite Roma Win
Dzeko was a thorn in Chelsea's side throughout the last meeting, and the Bosnian can sparkle once again on Tuesday, and at 51/10 with Unibet is a cracking bet to open the scoring, while the 28/17 with the same firm for him to score at anytime is another eye-catching bet.
Chelsea will look towards Hazard (7/1 with Unibet) and Alvaro Morata to try and break the deadlock, and the latter is the more attractive betting proposition at 9/2 to score first for Chelsea backers, but it's Dzeko that can prove to be a menace once again, and he can be the catalyst for a Roma win.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Another United Win To Nil Is The Bet Against Benfica
Manchester United V Benfica Betting Preview
Defences To Come Out On Top When Burnley Host Newcastle On Monday Night
Burnley V Newcastle Betting Preview
Recent Head To Head Trends Point To Both Teams To Score During Leicester v Everton
Leicester V Everton Betting Preview
Seagulls To Soar In South Coast Derby Against Saints
Brighton V Southampton Betting Preview
A Chelsea Win And Both Teams To Score Is The Best Bet At Bournemouth
Bournemouth V Chelsea Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers