- TREBLE SPECIAL - 20/1 Everton, Southampton and Chelsea ALL win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- ACCA SPECIAL - Betfair offer 30/1 for Everton, Chelsea, Southampton and West Ham ALL to win (new accounts)
- IN-PLAY OFFER - Bet £20 pre-match on Sunderland v Man Utd with Paddy Power and get a free £10 in-play bet
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 5/1 for Man Utd to beat Sunderland with Betfair
- SIX NATIONS - 6/1 Ireland win or 6/1 France win on Saturday with Betfair (New Customers)
- SIX NATIONS - 3/1 Wales win or 12/1 Scotland win on Saturday (New Betfair Customers)
- PREMIER LEAGUE - Betfair go 4/1 for Chelsea to beat Newcastle on Saturday (new accounts)
- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 15/1 for the Foxes to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- IN-PLAY OFFER - Bet £20 pre-match on Arsenal v Leicester with Paddy Power and get a free £10 in-play bet
- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 5/1 for the Gunners to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 5/1 for Arsenal to win or 12/1 for Leicester to win with Betfair
- SIX NATIONS - 3/1 England to beat Italy with Betfair (New Customers)
- DOUBLE SPECIAL - 12/1 for Liverpool and Man City BOTH to win on Sunday (new Paddy Power customers)
- VILLA v LIVERPOOL - Betfair offer new customers 6/1 for Liverpool to win on Sunday
- MAN CITY v TOTTENHAM - Paddy Power go 12/1 for Spurs to win (new accounts)
- MAN CITY v SPURS - Get 5/1 City win or 10/1 Tottenham win when you open a Betfair account
- LA LIGA - Betfair offer enhanced odds of 5/1 for Barcelona to beat Celta Vigo (New Accounts)
- LIVE IN-PLAY - Tshwane Open
- LIVE IN-PLAY - AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
Aston Villa v Newcastle Betting: Magpies can pile the pressure on Lambert with a win
There may still be four months of the season to go but Tuesday night's Aston Villa v Newcastle clash has the distinct look of a relegation 'six pointer'. Just one point and a place separate 17th placed Villa from Newcastle in 16th ahead of this game and a win for either at Villa Park would go a long way to arresting their respective downward spirals.
Unsurprisingly there is barely anything to choose between the two teams as Villa go in as a 17/10 chance and Newcastle are a best price 9/5 with Bet 365. Those odds for a Newcastle win look very tempting, despite their dismal efforts of late, and they can take full advantage of a Villa side that are looking increasingly like Championship material.
Paul Lambert's side sit just one point above the drop zone in the league table after a run of one win in their last nine in the Premiership. It is a woeful return from the Midlands side and they have been slashed in the latest relegation betting after another dismal week. A 2-1 win over League Two side Bradford last Tuesday wasn't enough as they crashed out of the Capital One Cup on aggregate and things got worse on Friday when they lost 2-1 in a listless display at Millwall.
The matches are coming thick and fast for a young side who are short of confidence and their defence has proven to be as effective as a chocolate kettle. They have conceded 27 goals in their last 10 matches and they seem incapable of defending set pieces. They have conceded a joint-league high 15 goals from set pieces and they again conceded goals from corners in the cup matches with Bradford and Millwall. With that in mind it could be worth a look at the 4/1 on offer with B365 for the first goal of Tuesday's match to be scored with a header.
In contrast, Newcastle have had the advantage of a weekend off heading into this game as they had already been knocked out of the FA Cup. They should be far fresher than Villa as a result and they can arrest a run of form that has seen them win just one of their last 10 and just two of their last 18 in all competitions.
Newcastle have been busy in the transfer market during January and their French imports could be in line for debuts on Tuesday. Moussa Sissoko adds steel to the midfield and could overrun Villa, while striker Yoan Gouffran, who scored 10 goals for Bordeaux this term, is 13/2 to be first goalscorer.
However, the value bet could lie with new centre back Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, who is 18/1 to score anytime, and the towering Frenchman could cause havoc when coming up from the back for set pieces, particularly when you consider Villa's habit of conceding goals from headers. Newcastle have scored six goals in their last three away league games and they are 11/8 to score over 1.5 goals on Tuesday.
Their new signings can help them to a vital win at Villa Park and relieve the pressure on Alan Pardew, while adding to the woes of Paul Lambert. The Villa manager remains favourite in the next manager to be sacked betting and it is tough to see his side improving on a run of just one win in their last nine home games.
Aston Villa v Newcastle Form
Check the season's statistics for both Aston Villa and Newcastle, plus the odds ahead of Tuesday's match.
Aston Villa v Newcastle Tips
Tip #1: Newcastle win @ 9/5 with Bet365.
Tip #2: First goal to be scored with a header @ 4/1 with Bet365.
Tip #3: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa to score anytime @ 18/1 with Bet365.
Aston Villa v Newcastle Betting
17/10 Aston Villa
Correct Score Odds
8/1 Aston Villa 1-0
12/1 Aston Villa 2-0
17/2 Aston Villa 2-1
10/1 Draw 0-0
5/1 Draw 1-1
11/1 Draw 2-2
17/2 Newcastle 1-0
12/1 Newcastle 2-0
9/1 Newcastle 2-1
First Goalscorer Odds
9/2 Christian Benteke
5/1 Papiss Cisse
11/2 Darren Bent
13/2 Yoan Gouffran
13/2 Shola Ameobi
15/2 Andreas Weimann
15/2 Gabriel Agbonlahor
8/1 Graham Burke
9/1 Sammy Ameobi
10/1 No Goalscorer
10/1 Brett Holman
10/1 Jordan Bowery
Odds supplied by Bet365.com, who offer live in-play betting for all Premier League matches.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Stoke v Wigan Betting Latics can earn a valuable draw at the Britannia
Wigan Are Unbeaten In Seven Matches Against Stoke
Oldham v Liverpool Odds Back The Reds To Be Too Strong In FA Cup
Can Daniel Sturridge Continue Fine Start To Liverpool Career?
Leeds v Tottenham Odds Back Jermain Defoe to score in a Spurs win
In Form Spurs Should Be Too Strong
Brentford v Chelsea Odds Lampard can fire Blues to a fourth round win
League One Side Bid To Upset The Odds At Griffin Park
Bolton v Everton Betting Tempting odds for a draw at the Reebok Stadium
Bolton Bid To Claim Another Premiership Scalp
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you THREE FREE £10 bets.
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Ladbrokes are one of the best known bookmakers in the UK and are offering a free £50 bet when you sign up as a new customer. Register using the bonus code F50 and they'll match your first bet with a free bet up to £50.
Open Account - Free £50 bet
£25 free bet with William Hill.
- Open an account at William Hill and and use the promotion code F25.
- Deposit funds and place your first bet
- William Hill match your first bet with a free bet up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Betfred will give you a free £30 bet when you open a new account and have a first bet of at least £10.
- Open a new betting account with Betfred
- Have a bet of at least £10
- Betfred will give you a free £30 bet
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Get up to £40 in free bets with Sky Bet:
- Sign up to Sky Bet and have a £10 bet.
- Skybet will then reward you with four £10 free bet tokens
Open Account - Free £40 Bet
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers