Seagulls To Soar In South Coast Derby Against Saints
There is a derby on the South Coast to enjoy on Sunday lunchtime as Brighton come up against their near-neighbours Southampton in an intriguing Premier League clash and we are backing the Seagulls to soar at the Amex Stadium...
- This will be the first Brighton v Southampton meeting since the Seagulls won 3-0 in the Championship in January 2012
- Brighton are unbeaten in three at home - Won Two, Drawn One
|Sunday 29th October - 1.30pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Brighton v Southampton|
|Tips||Brighton win draw no bet Best Bet||@ 11 / 8|
The Story So Far
Chris Hughton's men will be cock-a-hoop after stunning West Ham with a 3-0 win at the Olympic Stadium last week and they are making a decent fist of life in the top-flight, winning three of their nine matches since gaining promotion (drawn two, lost four).
The Seagulls have looked solid on home soil as they are unbeaten in three at the Amex since losing to Manchester City on the opening day, beating West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle already.
Winning home games against the teams that are likely to be around you in the table will be crucial when the season reaches the business end of proceedings.
It is therefore a surprise to see that Brighton are 5/2 underdogs in the betting for Sunday's match and we fancy them to get something out of this match.
The Brighton win with 'draw no bet' can be backed at 11/8 (Bet Victor) and that is the way to go for us as they prepare to face an unconvincing Saints.
Lack Of Goals
Southampton have also won three this season (drawn three, lost three) but they have had the advantage of playing six games at home already and they were very fortunate to beat West Brom 1-0 in a game that must be a contender for the 'worst game of all time' last weekend. It is a surprise to see that they are as short as 11/8 for the win on Sunday.
Mauricio Pellegrino is struggling to shake Saints out of the torpor that enveloped them during Claude Puel's reign and it is telling that their nine games this term have produced a grand total of seventeen goals.
Indeed, six of their nine have gone under 2.5 goals and six have seen at least one team fail to score.
With that in mind, odds-on backers will be interested to see that betting 'no' in the both teams to score bracket is 4/5 (Betfred) to land for a seventh time in ten Brighton matches, while under 2.5 goals is 8/15 (Bet 365) to also pay out for a seventh time in a Seagulls' game this season.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
A Chelsea Win And Both Teams To Score Is The Best Bet At Bournemouth
Bournemouth V Chelsea Betting Preview
Manchester United v Tottenham Tipped To End In A Draw At Old Trafford
Manchester United V Tottenham Betting Preview
Expect Llorente To Make The Difference As Tottenham Host West Ham In The Carabao Cup
Under Pressure Hammers Heading To Wembley
Manchester United to edge past Swansea City in Carabao Cup fourth round tie
Swansea City V Manchester United Betting Preview
Liverpool Tipped To Maintain Their Hoodoo Over Tottenham
Tottenham V Liverpool Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers