Manchester United v Tottenham Tipped To End In A Draw At Old Trafford
The first of the weekend's live Premier League games comes from Old Trafford on Saturday lunchtime as Manchester United take on Tottenham in a fixture that has plenty riding on it...
- United have gone 461 minutes without conceding a league goal at Old Trafford
- Eight of United's past eleven meetings with traditional fellow top-six opposition (Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal) have gone under 2.5 goals
|Saturday 28th October - 12.30pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Manchester United v Tottenham|
|Tips||The Draw Best Bet||@ 12 / 5|
|Both Teams To Score - No||@ 1 / 1|
It remains to be seen whether either of them can mount a genuine title challenge this season as Manchester City set the early pace and United could certainly do with a positive result after losing ground with a 0-0 draw at Liverpool before a 2-1 defeat at Huddersfield in their past two league outings.
A return to Old Trafford will be welcome as they have won all four of their home matches so far and they are 11/10 favourites for Saturday.
However, Jose Mourinho tends to be very cautious in these fixtures against better teams and it is telling that seven of their meetings with last season's top-five went under 2.5 goals.
Mourinho takes the view that it is more important not to lose and that is why we will be backing a draw at 12/5 (Bet 365), with defences potentially coming out on top.
Lukaku v Kane
Tottenham have won all four of their away league matches and they are looking to bounce back from their stunning Carabao Cup exit at the hands of West Ham, with Mauricio Pochettino sure to be demanding a response from his team.
Tottenham traditionally struggled in this Manchester United v Spurs fixture as they won just two meetings during a period stretching from the turn of the century to when Sir Alex Ferguson retired at the end of the 2012/13 campaign. They have won three of eight clashes since (drawn two, lost three), albeit they have lost their past three visits to Old Trafford without scoring a single goal.
Harry Kane, who has notched eight league goals this term and is 4/1 to be first goalscorer (Betfred), only has one goal from seven previous appearances against United and he comes up against the brilliant David De Gea, who has gone 461 minutes without conceding a league goal at home.
Meanwhile, Romelu Lukaku has notched seven league goals this season and he is 7/2 favourite to score first, although he is being labelled as a 'flat track bully' and has scored just once in eight against Spurs.
With that in mind, backing 'No' in the both teams to score bracket looks like a solid option at even-money with Paddy Power.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Expect Llorente To Make The Difference As Tottenham Host West Ham In The Carabao Cup
Under Pressure Hammers Heading To Wembley
Manchester United to edge past Swansea City in Carabao Cup fourth round tie
Swansea City V Manchester United Betting Preview
Liverpool Tipped To Maintain Their Hoodoo Over Tottenham
Tottenham V Liverpool Betting Preview
Under Pressure Everton And Arsenal To Share The Points At Goodison Park
Everton V Arsenal Betting Preview
Southampton And West Brom To Struggle For Goals At St Marys
Southampton V West Bromwich Albion Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers