Patience Will Be Key As Tottenham Are Tipped To See Off Newport County
Newport County's reward for defeating Leeds United in the previous round of the FA Cup is a plum tie with Tottenham and the Welsh side welcome their illustrious Premier League opponents to Rodney Parade on Saturday evening...
- Both teams scored in each of Newport's past six matches
- Tottenham have only won three of their last 10 away games - Drawn Four, Lost Three
|Saturday 27th January - 5.30pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Newport v Tottenham|
|Tips||Half-Time Draw and Full-Time Tottenham Win Best Bet||@ 15 / 4|
Michael Flynn's men go into the match in good form as they have lost just one of their past twelve games in all competitions (won seven, drawn four) and they have defeated Walsall, Cambridge United and Leeds to reach the fourth round of the FA Cup for the first time in 41 years.
It goes without saying that a clash with Tottenham is a big step up in class for the League Two side, who are currently lying in eighth place in the table, and the Exiles are 18/1 underdogs for this weekend's match (Betfair).
Tottenham are 1/6 on but it will be interesting to see how Mauricio Pochettino approaches this fixture as he won't want to risk injuries to key players on a testing pitch in Wales, particularly with a home league game against Manchester United to come on Wednesday night.
*Odds correct as of 25th Jan, 12:25. Odds are subject to change.
Toby Alderweireld is fit again and could play some part for a Tottenham side that has only lost one of their past eleven matches in all competitions, winning eight and drawing two. However, the North London outfit haven't convinced on the road and they have won just three of their past ten away games (drawn three, lost four).
Spurs had to be patient when they beat AFC Wimbledon 3-0 in the last round, scoring all three goals in the second half, and we fancy a similar scenario is likely at Rodney Parade, where the half-time draw and full-time Tottenham win can be backed at 15/4 (Bet Victor).
Newport are capable of making life difficult for their opponents and it is worth noting that both teams scored in each of the Exiles' past six outings, with Paddy Power going 11/10 about both teams scoring on Saturday.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Marriott Can Make It An Uncomfortable Stay For Leicester But Foxes Should Be Too Good
Peterborough V Leicester Betting Preview
Another Win To Nil For Manchester United Is The Best Bet At Yeovil
Yeovil V Manchester United Betting Preview
Home Advantage Can See Arsenal Past Chelsea In The Carabao Cup Semi Final
2nd Leg Evenly Poised After Stamford Bridge Stalemate
Brave Bristol City To Push Manchester City In Carabao Cup semi final second leg
Bristol City V Manchester City Betting Preview
Firmino To Fire Liverpool To A Big Monday Night Football Win At Swansea
Swansea V Liverpool Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers