- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Stoke City v Manchester City Betting: Mancini's men to prove too strong for Potters
A replay of the 2011 FA Cup final will ignite a mouth-watering set of fourth round ties of the world’s greatest club competition on Saturday, as Stoke City host Manchester City in the lunchtime kick-off, which is live on ITV1 at 12:45pm.
The Potters needed extra time to get past Crystal Palace in the third round and it gets no easier for Tony Pulis’ men as they welcome a City side who have won five on the spin and have kept four clean sheets in a row and that is why Paddy Power have installed Stoke as the 7/2 outsiders to venture into the next round.
A comfortable 3-0 win over Watford in the last round was duly followed up by impressive victories over Arsenal and Fulham in the Premier League and the Blues look to be in red-hot form heading to the Britannia Stadium and are currently available at 4/5 with Paddy Power to win the match, whilst the draw is on offer at 5/2 with the Dublin-based firm.
Stoke may be one of the toughest teams to beat on their home patch and they have managed to secure four 1-1 draws on the spin at the Britannia against City in their last four Premier League games, but Roberto Mancini’s side brushed them aside with aplomb on New Year’s Day with a comfortable 3-0 success and it’s tough to see them managing to bridge the chasm that was between them that day and so the 4/5 with Paddy Power is the safe bet for City to progress.
David Silva was instrumental in City’s 2-0 victory over Fulham last weekend with a brace of goals and the diminutive Spaniard could well spearhead the attacking flare for the visitors, with Yaya Toure away on African Cup of Nations duty with Ivory Coast, and Silva could be the value in the first goal scorer betting as the 15/2 about him notching first is decent value.
Sergio Aguero returned to the squad last weekend and came on as a second-half substitute in the win against Fulham and the Argentinean could team up with fellow countryman Carlos Tevez and they are both available at 9/2 in the latest betting with Paddy Power, whilst the most likely Stoke scorer could be Jon Walters, who is 8/1 to bag the first goal.
With four clean sheets on the spin, Stoke will struggle to breakdown a frugal City rearguard, but Paddy Power still believe the home side can bag themselves a goal and the 11/2 about a 1-1 draw is the favourite in the correct score market. However, Chelsea showed when trouncing the Potters 4-0 in the Premier League that they can be knocked out of their stride at home and City’s attacking flare could well be too strong for a streetwise Stoke defence and they could well get an early goal and sit on that lead and a 2-0 win is eye-catching at 7/1.
If Manchester City can get an early strike then they should be able to hold out for the rest of the game and so the 17/10 about City being in front at half-time and full-time offers some improved value, whilst the Score/Win Double of a Silva goal and an away win at 7/2 could well attract more interest in an intriguing contest.
Stoke City v Manchester City Form
Check the season's statistics for both Stoke City and Manchester City, plus the odds ahead of Saturday's match.
Stoke City v Manchester City Tips
Tip #1: Manchester City to win 2-0 @ 7/1 with Paddy Power.
Tip #2: David Silva to score first @ 15/2 with Paddy Power.
Tip #3: David Silva to score and Man City to win @ 7/2 with Paddy Power.
Stoke City v Manchester City Odds
7/2 Stoke City
4/5 Manchester City
Correct Score Odds
12/1 Stoke City 1-0
22/1 Stoke City 2-0
14/1 Stoke City 2-1
17/2 Draw 0-0
11/2 Draw 1-1
12/1 Draw 2-2
6/1 Manchester City 1-0
7/1 Manchester City 2-0
15/2 Manchester City 2-1
First Goalscorer Odds
9/2 Sergio Aguero
9/2 Carlos Tevez
11/2 Edin Dzeko
6/1 Mario Balotelli
15/2 David Silva
8/1 Peter Crouch
8/1 Kenwyne Jones
8/1 No Goalscorer
9/1 Jon Walters
9/1 Samir Nasri
Odds supplied by PaddyPower.com, who provide a host of other betting markets, including live betting in-running, throughout the match.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Bolton v Everton Betting Tempting odds for a draw at the Reebok Stadium
Bolton Bid To Claim Another Premiership Scalp
Brighton v Arsenal Odds Gunners bid to avoid a fourth round upset
Brighton Beat Newcastle In The Last Round
Millwall v Aston Villa Odds FA Cup Shock On The Cards At The Den
The Lions Getting Ready To Heap More Misery On Lambert
Millwall v Aston Villa heads the list of potential FA Cup fourth round upsets
Macclesfield And Luton Bid To Upset The Odds Too
Wimbledon v Port Vale Odds In form Tom Pope heads the first scorer betting
Table Toppers Tipped To Enhance Fine Away Record
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers