- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Harry Redknapp odds on to replace Mark Hughes as QPR manager
The managerial merry-go-round is in full swing now following the news that Mark Hughes has been sacked by QPR. The Welshman had been treading a fine line at Loftus Road and he was finally shown the door on Friday as he became the second Premier League manager to be given his P45 in the space of a few days after Roberto Di Matteo lost his job at Chelsea.
Di Matteo is actually in the mix with some bookies in the next QPR manager betting but it is Harry Redknapp who is odds on favourite to take over. Redknapp has been out of work since he was sacked by Tottenham at the end of last season and he appears to be QPR chairman Tony Fernandes's preferred choice. Redknapp had been linked with the Ukraine national team job during the past few days but developments at QPR have shifted the landscape significantly.
Redknapp is 1/33 odds on favourite for the job at Loftus Road with Ladbrokes and he would appear to be the perfect fit for a club that is winless in the Premier League so far. They have taken just four points from 12 league games and they sit bottom of the league after losing 3-1 to Southampton last weekend.
Redknapp's powers of motivation would be much needed at a club that is low on confidence but the timing of Hughes' sacking is curious as it came barely 24 hours before their trip to Old Trafford for their league match with Manchester United. Mark Bowen will be in temporary charge for that game but the next permanent manager has an easier run of fixtures as QPR take on Sunderland, Aston Villa, Wigan, Fulham and Newcastle in their next five after Saturday.
Away from Redknapp, Sven Goran Eriksson is second favourite to take over at Loftus Road and the former England boss can be backed at 10/1 in the latest betting with Ladbrokes. The Swede is currently working in the Thai Premier League but he has been linked with a move to Valerenga in Norway during the past few days, although a move back to the Premier League would be too good to turn down.
Roberto Di Matteo is a 20/1 chance to make a swift return to management after his harsh treatment at Chelsea. He is already based in London and could be a suitable alternative after winning the Champions League and FA Cup with Chelsea last term.
Meanwhile, Glenn Hoddle is 33/1 to make a shock return to management, while Molde boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also 33/1 to make his much-anticipated bow in Premier League management. Tottenham coach Tim Sherwood is available at 40/1, along with the likes of Alex McLeish, Ian Holloway and Paolo Di Canio but for now it is Redknapp who remains the bookies' favourite.
Next QPR Manager Betting
1/33 Harry Redknapp
10/1 Sven Goran Eriksson
20/1 Roberto Di Matteo
33/1 Glenn Hoddle
33/1 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
40/1 Paolo Di Canio
40/1 Ian Holloway
40/1 Alex McLeish
Odds supplied by Ladbrokes.com, who provide a variety of football specials betting markets.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Aston Villa v Arsenal Odds Back Cazorla to score in a Gunners win
Arsenal Are Unbeaten In 13 League Games At Villa Park
Everton v Norwich Odds A close game on the cards at Goodison Park
Back Nikica Jelavic To Score The Opening Goal
Wigan v Reading Odds Tight Betting For DW Stadium Clash
Early Season Relegation Six Pointer On The Cards
Stoke City v Fulham Betting Potters to grab a draw against Cottagers
Dimitar Berbatov A Good Bet To Score First For The Visitors
Sunderland v West Brom Odds Odemwingie can fire Baggies to another win
Sunderland Have Won One Of Their Last Eight At Home
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers