- TREBLE SPECIAL - 20/1 Everton, Southampton and Chelsea ALL win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- ACCA SPECIAL - Betfair offer 30/1 for Everton, Chelsea, Southampton and West Ham ALL to win (new accounts)
- IN-PLAY OFFER - Bet £20 pre-match on Sunderland v Man Utd with Paddy Power and get a free £10 in-play bet
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 5/1 for Man Utd to beat Sunderland with Betfair
- SIX NATIONS - 6/1 Ireland win or 6/1 France win on Saturday with Betfair (New Customers)
- SIX NATIONS - 3/1 Wales win or 12/1 Scotland win on Saturday (New Betfair Customers)
- PREMIER LEAGUE - Betfair go 4/1 for Chelsea to beat Newcastle on Saturday (new accounts)
- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 15/1 for the Foxes to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- IN-PLAY OFFER - Bet £20 pre-match on Arsenal v Leicester with Paddy Power and get a free £10 in-play bet
- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 5/1 for the Gunners to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 5/1 for Arsenal to win or 12/1 for Leicester to win with Betfair
- SIX NATIONS - 3/1 England to beat Italy with Betfair (New Customers)
- DOUBLE SPECIAL - 12/1 for Liverpool and Man City BOTH to win on Sunday (new Paddy Power customers)
- VILLA v LIVERPOOL - Betfair offer new customers 6/1 for Liverpool to win on Sunday
- MAN CITY v TOTTENHAM - Paddy Power go 12/1 for Spurs to win (new accounts)
- MAN CITY v SPURS - Get 5/1 City win or 10/1 Tottenham win when you open a Betfair account
- LA LIGA - Betfair offer enhanced odds of 5/1 for Barcelona to beat Celta Vigo (New Accounts)
- LIVE IN-PLAY - Tshwane Open
- LIVE IN-PLAY - AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
Newcastle v Maritimo Odds: Shola Ameobi a tempting bet to score first
Newcastle can book their place in the last-32 of the Europa League with victory over Maritimo at St James' Park on Thursday night. The Magpies are currently sitting pretty at the top of Group D after taking eight points from their four games in the competition so far and they are firm favourites against Maritimo who are bottom with two points.
Maritimo have endured a tough time of it in Europe and it is no surprise to see that they are 11/2 underdogs in the match odds with Ladbrokes, who make Newcastle 2/5 favourites. The draw is priced 3/1 but Newcastle manager Alan Pardew will have his eye on all three points as they look to book their place in the knockout stages with a game to spare.
Newcastle's efforts in Europe have been in stark contrast to their Premier League form as they lost consecutive home games for the first time since 2010. They went down 2-1 to Swansea at the weekend, a result which leaves them down in 12th place in the table, and they are now winless in their last four matches in all competitions.
It is a far cry from their excellent form of last season but they should still have enough for Maritimo as they look to enhance their record of having suffered only one defeat in their last 14 European outings. Their efforts in the Europa League so far this season have been based on a strong defence as they have kept three clean sheets in four and the 11/8 for them to win to nil looks decent value.
That industry best price looks even better when you consider that Maritimo have managed to score only one goal in the competition so far and they have lost both of their away games without scoring. Furthermore, the Portuguese side have failed to score in three of their last four outings in all competitions and the only goal they managed came from the penalty spot.
Maritimo, who are 12th in the Portuguese League, are generally pretty strong at the back though and 15 of their 17 games this season have gone under 2.5 goals, with under 2.5 goals this week available at 10/11 with Ladbrokes bookmakers. Newcastle have enough quality to nick a win and it will be interesting to see who Pardew selects up front.
Demba Ba is 7/2 joint-favourite to score first after notching eight goals this season, while Papiss Cisse, who has scored three this term, is available at the same price. Pardew likes to rotate his strikers for the Europa League though and Shola Ameobi looks a decent punt at 5/1 and the big forward has scored a couple of goals in this competition already.
Ameobi will be keen to cement a regular place in the team and he could help Newcastle to victory against a Maritimo side that have won just one of their last 11 outings. The Portuguese side lack the firepower to cause Newcastle problems and the Magpies are a best price 11/2 to win 2-0 in the correct score market.
Newcastle v Maritimo Form
Check the season's statistics for both Newcastle and Maritimo, plus the odds ahead of Thursday's match.
Newcastle v Maritimo Tips
Tip #1: Newcastle to win 2-0 @ 11/2 with Ladbrokes.
Tip #2: Shola Ameobi to score first @ 5/1 with Ladbrokes.
Tip #3: Under 2.5 goals @ 10/11 with Ladbrokes.
Newcastle v Maritimo Odds
Correct Score Odds
11/2 Newcastle 1-0
11/2 Newcastle 2-0
8/1 Newcastle 2-1
8/1 Draw 0-0
8/1 Draw 1-1
25/1 Draw 2-2
18/1 Maritimo 1-0
45/1 Maritimo 2-0
25/1 Maritimo 2-1
First Goalscorer Odds
7/2 Demba Ba
7/2 Papiss Cisse
5/1 Shola Ameobi
13/2 Sammy Ameobi
7/1 Bradden Inman
7/1 Hatem Ben Arfa
8/1 No Goalscorer
10/1 Philippe Fidelis
10/1 Danilo Dias
Odds supplied by Ladbrokes.com, who offer live betting in-running for all Europa League matches.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Benitez and Guardiola early front runners in the next Chelsea manager betting
Avram Grant An Interesting Outside Bet
Liverpool v Young Boys Odds Reds firm favourites for the win at Anfield
Luis Suarez Continues To Dominate The Goalscorer Markets
Lazio v Tottenham Odds Italians tipped to book place in the last 32
Tottenham Have Lost Four Of Their Last Five Games
Arsenal v Montpellier Odds Back Giroud to score in an Arsenal win
The Gunners Short Priced Favourites At The Emirates
Manchester City v Real Madrid Betting Spanish giants to overpower Mancinis suspect defence
Jose Mourinho's Men To Secure Group D Qualification With Win
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you THREE FREE £10 bets.
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Ladbrokes are one of the best known bookmakers in the UK and are offering a free £50 bet when you sign up as a new customer. Register using the bonus code F50 and they'll match your first bet with a free bet up to £50.
Open Account - Free £50 bet
£25 free bet with William Hill.
- Open an account at William Hill and and use the promotion code F25.
- Deposit funds and place your first bet
- William Hill match your first bet with a free bet up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Betfred will give you a free £30 bet when you open a new account and have a first bet of at least £10.
- Open a new betting account with Betfred
- Have a bet of at least £10
- Betfred will give you a free £30 bet
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Get up to £40 in free bets with Sky Bet:
- Sign up to Sky Bet and have a £10 bet.
- Skybet will then reward you with four £10 free bet tokens
Open Account - Free £40 Bet
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers