Real To Beat Barcelona In An El Clasico Thriller At The Bernabeu
Sky Sports viewers can settle down to a La Liga treat on Sunday night as Real Madrid and Barcelona meet in the latest instalment of 'El Clasico' and the league title is effectively on the line at the Santiago Bernabeu...
- Real Madrid have scored in 55 games in a row in all competitions
- Both teams scored in 74% of Real's La Liga matches this season
- Barcelona have scored in every game at the Bernabeu since 2006 - a run of 14 matches
|Sunday 23rd April - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Real Madrid v Barcelona|
|Tips||Real Win And Both Teams To Score Best Bet||@ 21 / 10|
Zinedine Zidane's La Liga leaders start the day three points ahead of Barcelona and they have a game in hand on their old rivals, so a win on Sunday could effectively wrap up the title and it is Real who are 21/20 favourites for Sunday (Bet Victor).
The hosts boast the best home record in La Liga, winning twelve and drawing four of their sixteen games at The Bernabeu, and they could prove to be too strong for a Barcelona side that has flopped in the big games of late.
The imminent departure of Luis Enrique this summer has had a destabilising effect on a squad that has lost four of their past six away games in all competitions, including heavy defeats to Paris Saint-German and to Juventus on the road in the Champions League.
*Odds correct as of 18th Dec, 14:05. Odds are subject to change.
Barca's recent propensity for falling short on the biggest occasions is a major concern ahead of this mouth-watering Real Madrid v Barcelona clash and we can't see beyond a home win, allied with plenty of goals, on Sunday.
Both teams have scored in 20 of the last 21 El Clasico meetings (Barcelona won eight, drawn six and lost seven), with 18 of those producing over 2.5 goals in total.
With that in mind, Bet 365 go 21/10 about a Real win and both teams to score, while Paddy Power offer 17/10 for Real to win and over 2.5 goals combined, which look like decent bets when you consider Barca's recent big game failures away from the Camp Nou.
Barcelona's season hinges on this game and tempers could fray, with the referee sure to be a busy man as the last 21 meetings between these sides have witnessed 138 yellow cards and nine red cards. A sending off on Sunday can be backed at 2/1 (Bet 365).
Result And Both Teams To Score Odds:
Both sides are missing players as Neymar is suspended, while Real are likely to be without Gareth Bale, Raphael Varane and Pepe.
There is obviously still plenty of quality on show and Cristiano Ronaldo is 7/2 favourite to score first as he bids to add to his tally of sixteen goals against Barca, albeit he has scored just once from open play in his last nine meetings with the Catalan giants.
Lionel Messi is 9/2 to get that first goal after scoring 21 in 33 games against Real, although he has gone six games without an 'El Clasico' goal, and it is perhaps worth siding with Luis Suarez at 5/1 (Paddy Power) instead.
Suarez has scored four in his last four against Real and the Barcelona man has been in ridiculously good touch this year, scoring 24 goals in 29 La Liga starts. In fact, Suarez has scored 80 goals in 89 starts in the Spanish top-flight since he joined Barca but whether he can single-handedly keeps his team's season alive remains to be seen.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Back Both Teams To Score In A Liverpool Win Against Palace
Liverpool V Crystal Palace Betting Preview
Manchester United Odds On To Win The Europa League Following Semi Final Draw
Europa League Semi Final Draw
Juventus Clipped For Champions League Glory After Real Draw Atletico
Champions League Semi Final Draw
Burnley To Frustrate Tired United At Turf Moor
Burnley V Man Utd Betting Preview
Back Hull Brentford and Bradford in the Bankers Bet
Treble Pays 5/1
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers