Under Pressure Everton And Arsenal To Share The Points At Goodison Park
Ronald Koeman and Arsene Wenger are both under pressure ahead of Everton v Arsenal on Super Sunday and we fancy a draw is the way to go at Goodison Park as both teams are struggling to make a convincing argument for three Premier League points...
- Arsenal have won four of their past sixteen away league games - Drawn Two, Lost Ten
- Arsenal have failed to score in three of their four away league fixtures this season - Drawn One, Lost Three
|Sunday 22nd October - 1.30pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Everton v Arsenal|
|Tips||The Draw Best Bet||@ 11 / 4|
It is Ronald Koeman who is the favourite in the next manager to leave betting market after his Everton side slumped to a dismal and bad-tempered 2-1 defeat at home to Lyon in the Europa League on Thursday night, meaning the Toffees have now won just two of their past twelve games in all competitions.
The Merseyside club are 14/5 for victory this weekend but it is difficult to back them with any confidence, which brings us to Arsenal.
The Gunners won their Europa League match at Red Star Belgrade but their form on the road in the Premier League is abysmal, with Wenger's men winning just four of their past sixteen away league matches (drawn two, lost ten) following their stunning 2-1 defeat at Watford last weekend.
Arsenal have failed to score in three of their four away games this term, drawing one and losing three in the process, and they make little appeal at even-money in the match betting.
The relative failings of both teams ensures the draw is the stand-out bet for us at a best price 11/4 (Betway).
Lack Of Discipline
Koeman needs his team to produce something and he is set to recall Wayne Rooney to the starting line-up after he rested him for the match against Lyon. It is almost fifteen years to the day since Rooney announced himself to the Premier League with his wonder goal against Arsenal and he is 7/1 to be first goalscorer (Bet 365).
However, Everton have only managed five league goals this season and how they must be wishing that their attempts to sign Arsenal's Olivier Giroud had come off in the summer. Giroud has scored five goals in his last eight games against Everton and he is 4/1 to be first goalscorer (Paddy Power).
Giroud will be relishing the physical nature of this contest and it wouldn't be a surprise to see tempers flaring again as there is so much pressure on both teams. There has been three red cards in the previous four league clashes between Arsenal and Everton, with Unibet going 31/10 for there to be a sending off in the match on Sunday.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Southampton And West Brom To Struggle For Goals At St Marys
Southampton V West Bromwich Albion Betting Preview
Goals expected in Chelsea v Watford thriller on Saturday
Chelsea V Watford Betting Preview
Back West Ham To Edge To A Narrow Win Over Brighton On Friday Night
West Ham United V Brighton Betting Preview
Lyon To Pile The Pressure On Ronald Koeman At Goodison Park
Everton V Lyon Betting Preview
Manchester United to outclass Benfica in Champions League clash
Benfica V Manchester United Betting Preview
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers