Liverpool Tipped To Maintain Their Hoodoo Over Tottenham
There is a huge Premier League match in store on Sunday afternoon as Tottenham take on Liverpool at Wembley Stadium and we are backing Jurgen Klopp's men to come away from their trip to London with a positive result...
- Liverpool are unbeaten in ten meetings with Tottenham - Won Seven, Drawn Three
- Liverpool went unbeaten against the top-eight teams during 2016/17 - Won Seven, Drew Seven
|Sunday 22nd October - 4.00pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Tottenham v Liverpool|
|Tips||Liverpool win with 'draw no bet' Best Bet||@ 13 / 8|
The Story So Far
Mauricio Pochettino's side have been impressive again this season as they have won five, drawn two and lost one in the league this season and they got a huge monkey off their back by recording a first ever Premier League win at Wembley with a 1-0 victory over Bournemouth last weekend.
Spurs then went to the Bernabeu to earn a 1- draw against Real Madrid in the Champions League in mid-week and they head into Sunday's match as 11/10 favourites (Betfair).
However, Spurs are winless in ten Tottenham v Liverpool meetings (drawn three, lost seven) and the Reds do appear to have the wood over these particular opponents. The Merseyside outfit went unbeaten in four visits to White Hart Lane (won two, drew two) which is a major concern for Spurs as the Lane had been something of a fortress.
Tottenham have struggled at Wembley and a narrow win over struggling Bournemouth cannot mask the difficulties they endure at their makeshift home, with Bet 365 going 13/8 about the Liverpool win with 'draw no bet'.
Liverpool did lose 5-0 at Manchester City but there were mitigating circumstances to that result as Sadio Mane was sent off and we prefer to focus on last season's unbeaten record against the teams that finished in the top-eight during 2016/17 (won seven, drawn seven).
We don't see Liverpool losing on Sunday as they bid to enhance their record of three wins, four draws and one defeat in the league this term, albeit they will obviously need to keep Harry Kane at bay.
Kane is 3/1 to be first goalscorer (Paddy Power) despite the fact he has yet to score a single league goal at Wembley in four appearances, firing in 28 shots without success so far.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Under Pressure Everton And Arsenal To Share The Points At Goodison Park
Everton V Arsenal Betting Preview
Southampton And West Brom To Struggle For Goals At St Marys
Southampton V West Bromwich Albion Betting Preview
Goals expected in Chelsea v Watford thriller on Saturday
Chelsea V Watford Betting Preview
Back West Ham To Edge To A Narrow Win Over Brighton On Friday Night
West Ham United V Brighton Betting Preview
Lyon To Pile The Pressure On Ronald Koeman At Goodison Park
Everton V Lyon Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers