Millwall to down Bradford in League One play off final at Wembley
Bradford City and Millwall will clash in a mouth-watering League One play-off final at Wembley on Saturday afternoon, and having tasted defeat in last year's play-off showpiece, Neil Harris' Millwall will be hoping for a more positive result this time around, but in Bradford they face a side that are unbeaten in four matches, and have only conceded one goal in that time.
- The sides have drawn 1-1 in both league meetings this season
- Millwall lost 3-1 to Barnsley in last year's League One play-off final
- Bradford City finished six points above Millwall in table
|Saturday 20th May - 3.00pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Bradford City v Millwall|
|Tips||Millwall to win Best Bet||@ 17 / 10|
With the sides having played out two 1-1 draws this season, then it's no surprise to see the bookmakers struggling to split the sides, but with Millwall having not lost to Bradford in four previous encounters then they will head into the game as narrow 17/10 favourites with bet365, as they make their fifth visit to Wembley in eight years.
Bradford finished six points clear of Millwall in League One, and edged past Fleetwood Town 1-0 over two cagey legs in the semi-finals, but the Bantams are the 15/8 outsiders with BetVictor and will be hoping to continue their fine defensive record, which has only seen them concede one goal in their last four matches.
Betfair Sportsbook are dangling a carrot to punters with their 9/4 offering for a draw after 90 minutes, and many will be expecting this match to go all the way to penalties, but Millwall showed when beating Scunthorpe United 3-2 in their second leg of their semi-final that they can cause huge problems to opponents defences, and with them eager to bounce back after last year's defeat to Barnsley they could just edge this intriguing tie by the odd goal.
Cagey Affair Expected
With such a huge reward on offer for both sides, and with both having shown to cancel each other out this season, then it could be worth backing a draw at half-time, which is Evens with bet365, but the game is sure to open up in the second half, and there could well be a result in 90 minutes.
And with Millwall potentially looking like the most likely winner of this tie, then rather than backing the Evens for parity at half-time, then why not take a flier on a draw at half-time and a Millwall success at full-time, which is surprisingly big at 11/2 with BetVictor bookmakers.
Solitary Goal To Win It For Lions
Lee Gregory has a fine recent record against Bradford, as the Millwall frontman has scored in of the last three meetings, and he is the 9/2 favourite to break the deadlock with Sky Bet, while Charlie Wyke is next in the betting at 5/1 with bet365, as he aims to grab the lead for Bradford.
However, rather than trying to find out the first goalscorer it could be worth veering into the correct score market, and if a tight game takes place, as expected, then a Millwall 1-0 win at 13/2 with Betfred is arguably the best value play in what should be a cracking clash between two sides bidding to reach the Championship.
Correct Score Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Man City Can Secure Champions League Football With Comfortable Watford Win
Expect Goals At Vicarage Road On The Final Day
Liverpool to secure Premier League top four spot with win over Middlesbrough
Reds To Fly Out Of The Traps At Anfield On Sunday
Dortmund Malaga and Rennes to host goals in this weekends BTTS treble
Hoping For Goals Galore In Europe
Lazio Can Pile On The Misery For Inter In Latest Serie A Treble Bet
Atalanta And Sassuolo Can Both Win
Champions Monaco take centre stage in our Ligue 1 best bets
Wins For Angers And St Etienne Complete 12/1 Treble
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers