- PADDY POWER - 6/1 Dartmouth to win King George VI & QE Stakes
- CORAL - 8/1 Dartmouth to place in the top three of King George VI & QE Stakes
- BETFAIR - 6/1 Dartmouth to win the King George VI & QE Stakes
- BETFAIR - 5/1 Time Test to win the York Stakes
- PADDY POWER - 5/1 Time Test to win the York Stakes
- BETFAIR - 8/1 Leicester to beat Celtic
- CORAL - 7/1 Leicester to beat Celtic
- BETFAIR - 3/1 Chris Froome to win Tour de France
- PADDY POWER - 6/1 Lewis Hamilton to win the Hungarian Grand Prix
- CORAL - 10/1 Lewis Hamilton to win Hungarian Grand Prix
- BETFAIR - 6/1 Lewis Hamilton to win the Hungarian Grand Prix
- BETFAIR - 6/1 Barcelona to win La Liga
- BETFAIR - 25/1 Barcelona to win La Liga, Copa Del Rey and Champions League
- BETFAIR - 5/1 Barcelona to win La Liga and Copa Del Rey
- BETFAIR - 14/1 Barcelona to win Copa Del Rey and Champions League
- WATCH LIVE SPORT at BET365
- LIVE IN-PLAY - Senior Open Championship
- LIVE IN-PLAY - Canadian Open
- Next Hull Manager - Latest Odds
- Next Sunderland Manager - Latest Odds
Arrival of Pochettino sees Southampton clipped in the latest relegation betting
The news that Southampton have sacked Nigel Adkins and replace him with Mauricio Pochettino has caused a shake up in the latest relegation betting. The announcement has been greeted with a mixture of disbelief and uproar as Adkins was shown the door after successfully guiding the club back to the holy grail of the Premier League before seemingly steering the ship towards safety this term.
However, the owners have decided a run of just two defeats in the last 11 games isn't good enough and Adkins was handed his P45. Pochettino has come in to ensure the 'long-term progress' of the club, although Ladbrokes have reacted to his appointment by clipping Southampton in from 2/1 to 7/4 to be relegated.
The Saints had appeared to finally be getting to grips with life in the Premier League lately as they edged to a vital 1-0 win at fellow relegation candidates Aston Villa last weekend before coming from 2-0 down to earn a hugely impressive 2-2 draw at Chelsea in mid-week. Those results saw Southampton rise to 15th in the league table, three points clear of relegation, but Pochettino has come in to provide a more attractive style of football.
The former Argentinean international defender has only had one managerial job before his arrival at St Mary's as he spent three years in La Liga with Espanyol. He left the Spanish club by 'mutual agreement' in November though after they had collected nine points from 13 games and remained rooted to the bottom of the table. He faces a tough task to win over Southampton's players and fans after replacing the popular Adkins and his first big test will come when he takes charge of the Southampton v Everton league match on Monday night.
Saints' may have been clipped in the betting but there are still four other teams who are shorter priced for the drop. Reading remain 1/5 odds on to go down as they continue to struggle to get out of the bottom-three, although morale at the club received a boost last weekend when they came from 2-0 down to beat West Brom 3-2.
Basement club QPR are also odds on at 4/9 but they too have shown signs of recovery with a four-match unbeaten run that has seen them beat Chelsea and West Brom, while also drawing with the Baggies and Tottenham. They are now just five points from safety and the club in most danger of going down appears to be Aston Villa in 18th place.
Paul Lambert's side have been dropping like a stone since the Christmas period as they suffered a run of horrendous defeats. They were hammered by Chelsea, Tottenham and Wigan during that run, while they also lost to Bradford in the Capital One Cup, and it is no surprise to see that they are 17/20 odds on to drop out of the Premiership for the first time in their history.
Wigan are also struggling for form as they sit above Villa on goal difference. Roberto Martinez's men are 8/5 in the latest betting with Ladbrokes as they bid to produce yet another 'great escape' and they meet Sunderland (16/1) this weekend. Sunderland's North East rivals, Newcastle, are 5/1 to be relegated at this stage and they could do with some positive results as they are just two points above the drop-zone, while Norwich are the shortest price of the rest at 11/1.
Latest 2012/13 Premier League Relegation Betting
17/20 Aston Villa
18/1 West Ham
Odds supplied by Ladbrokes.com.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Wigan v Sunderland Odds Black Cats can upset the betting at the DW Stadium
Both Sides Looking To Enhance Survival Hopes
West Ham v QPR Odds Loic Remy is a tempting bet to score on his debut
Rangers Bid To Upset The Odds At Loftus Road
Man City v Fulham Odds City hot favourites to extend winning run
The Hosts Have Won Four Matches In A Row
A Suarez hattrick and away win for Cardiff amongst weekends best bets
Arsenal Fancied To Get Something From Chelsea Clash
Newcastle United v Reading Odds Royals to gain a point from Magpies
Papiss Cisse A Great Bet To Score First
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you a £30 free bet.
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an new betting account with the bookmaker Ladbrokes and you can claim a £50 free bet.
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Open an account with Coral and get £30 in free bets:
- Click on a link to Coral
- Open a new betting account
- Have your first bet of £10
- Coral will credit your account with £30 in free bets
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
Open an account with online bookmaker BetVictor and get £25 in free bets. BetVictor will match your first bet with a free bet to the same value, up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 in Free Bets
Open an account with Sky Bet:
- Register with Sky Bet.
- Sky Bet will have a special off for Euro 2016
Open Account - Open an Account
Get a £30 Free Bet when opening a new account with online bookmaker Betway.
- Register with Betway
- Place a bet of £10 or more
- Betway will match your first bet with a free bet up to £30
Open Account - £30 Free Bet at Betway
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers