Chelsea To Edge A Tight Champions League Clash With Roma
Chelsea will be looking to tighten their grip on Group C of the Champions League when they welcome Roma to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night and Antonio Conte will be looking for a reaction from his team following some disappointing recent results.
- Roma have won only one of their past fifteen visits to England - Drawn Four, Lost Nine
- Roma have won one of their past eleven away games in the Champions League - Drawn Five, Lost Five
- Alvaro Morata has scored seven in eight for Chelsea in all competitions
|Wednesday 18th October - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Chelsea v Roma|
|Tips||Under 2.5 goals Best Bet||@ 11 / 10|
Chelsea followed a 6-0 romp against Qarabag with a 2-1 win at Atletico Madrid in Group C but their form has tailed off since that remarkable win in Spain, with the Blues losing to Manchester City and Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
The defeat to a previously goalless and pointless Palace on Saturday was dreadful but Alvaro Morata is expected to return which is a major bonus and Chelsea are 3/5 favourites to win Wednesday's game (Betfred).
The London outfit have only lost three of their past 24 Champions League games at home ahead of this clash with Roma, who are unbeaten in Group C after drawing 0-0 with Atletico and winning 2-1 at Qarabag.
The Italian outfit have selection issues as Patrick Schick, Kevin Strootman and Stephan El Shaarawy are all injury doubts for Wednesday, with the Giallorossi 5/1 to win or 3/1 to draw at this stage.
Roma have only won two of their past seventeen matches in the Champions League and they have often struggled on the road, winning only one of their last eleven away games in this tournament (drawn five, lost five).
Furthermore, Roma have won one of fifteen visits to England (drawn four, lost nine) and we fancy Eusebio Di Francesco will take a typically Italian approach to this match by being cautious, with under 2.5 goals looking like a stand-out bet at 11/10 with Coral.
The Chelsea win and under 2.5 goals combined can be backed at 13/4 (Ladbrokes) and Roma have shown that they can make life difficult for the better teams in Europe but they will ultimately come up short.
A five-match winning run was halted by a 1-0 loss against Napoli in Serie A at the weekend and they might well be undone by a man who previously plied his trade in Italy. The former Juventus striker Alvaro Morata is 3/1 to be first goalscorer after notching seven goals in eight appearances for Chelsea this season.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
A Real Madrid Win And Both Teams To Score Is The Best Bet Against Tottenham
Real Madrid V Tottenham Betting Preview
Manchester City v Napoli To Provide A Glut Of Goals At The Etihad
Manchester City V Napoli Betting Preview
Maribor v Liverpool Odds Speedy Salah Can Score In Slovenia
A Massive Champions League Game For The Reds
Leganes Villarreal and Sevilla Backed in this weekends La Liga treble
We're Looking To Win In Spain This Week
A Leicester v West Brom Stalemate Is The Best Bet For Monday Night Football
Leicester V West Bromwich Albion Betting Preview
Tottenhams Quality To Tell In The Second Half Of FA Cup Clash at Rochdale
Rochdale V Tottenham Betting Preview
Bank On A Fast Start To The Wigan v Man City FA Cup Tie
Wigan V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers