Bank On A Low Scoring Draw When Carvalhal Returns To Sheffield Wednesday With Swansea
Swansea manager Carlos Carvalhal will enjoy a swift return to Hillsborough on Saturday lunchtime as he comes up against his old club Sheffield Wednesday in the fifth round of the FA Cup...
- This will be the first meeting between Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea since 2010
- Swansea's last four away games have all ended in draws
- Swansea are the lowest scorers in the Premier League - 20 goals
|Saturday 17th February - 12.30pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea|
|Tips||The Draw Best Bet||@ 23 / 10|
Carvalhal enjoyed several fine years with Wednesday, reaching the Championship play-offs twice, before departing in December and he has made a stunning start to life at Swansea, taking the Welsh side from what looked like certain relegation from the Premier League to their current position of 16th place thanks to a nine-match unbeaten run in all competitions.
The Swans needed a replay to get past Wolves and Notts County in their opening two rounds of the FA Cup though and another replay isn't totally out of the question here, with the draw looking very appealing at 23/10 (Betfred).
Indeed, Swansea have drawn each of their last four away games in all competitions and they take on a Wednesday side that has been very difficult to beat, albeit the Owls are still sitting in a lowly 15th place in the Championship.
*Odds correct as of 12th Feb, 08:31. Odds are subject to change.
Lack Of Goals
Jos Luhukay's men have only lost one of their last nine in all competitions though, drawing five and winning three, and they have beaten Carlisle and Reading to reach the fifth round of the FA Cup.
This could be a tight tie as Wednesday do struggle for goals, while Swansea have been hit by a raft of injuries that has affected their goal output and it is worth noting that the visitors' past four away games have all gone under 2.5 goals (8/11 with Paddy Power).
All things considered, a low scoring draw and a replay at the Liberty Stadium looks like the most appealing option for this match.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Chelsea To Be Too Strong For Hull In The FA Cup On Friday Night
Chelsea V Hull Betting Preview
Europa League Trends Suggest Ostersunds Can Make Life Difficult For Arsenal
Ostersunds V Arsenal Betting Preview
Real Madrid and PSG set for feisty Champions League clash at the Bernabeu
Real Madrid V PSG Betting Preview
Liverpool to draw with Porto in Champions League clash
Porto V Liverpool Betting Preview
Sergio Aguero To Fire Man City To A Valuable First Leg Win At Basel
Basel V Manchester City Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers