Woeful Defences Ensure Arsenal v Cologne Should Provide Goals
Both Arsenal and Cologne will be looking to put poor starts to their respective domestic campaigns behind them when they meet in Thursday night's Europa League match at The Emirates and it is the Gunners who are firm favourites for a valuable three points in this Group H opener...
- Cologne are winless in 5 visits to England - Drawn 2, Lost 3
- Arsenal have lost 5 of their past 7 home games against German opposition
- 8 of Cologne's past 10 away games have gone over 2.5 goals
|Thursday 14th September - 8.05pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Arsenal v Cologne|
|Tips||Over 2.5 goals Best Bet||@ 13 / 20|
It seems likely that Arsene Wenger will rotate his team this week, particularly with a massive Premier League clash against Chelsea coming up on Sunday, while he will definitely be without the services of influential defender Laurent Koscielny through suspension.
The absence of Koscielny is always a cause for concern among Gunners fans but the hosts are still 1/3 for victory (Bet 365) as they prepare for their first ever appearance in the group stages of the Europa League.
It will be Arsenal's first appearance in this competition since they lost the 2000 UEFA Cup final to Galatasaray and they should hit the ground running against Cologne, who are back in Europe for the first time in twenty years.
Peter Stoger's Cologne have endured a torrid start to their German Bundesliga campaign as they have lost all three of their league games, shipping seven goals in the process. Over 2.5 goals looks like a solid bet for odds-on backers (13/20 with Bet Victor) and it is a punt that has paid out in eight of Cologne's past ten away games in all competitions.
Both teams to score also catches the eye at 21/20 (Boylesports) as Arsenal have let in eight goals during their disappointing start to the Premier League campaign, winning two and drawing two, but there is a slight caveat to that bet as Cologne have gone 196 minutes without scoring a goal on the road in all competitions.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Bank On A Tight Europa League Clash Between Atalanta And Everton In Italy
Atalanta V Everton Betting Preview
AC Milan And Arsenal The Clear Favourites In Europa League Season Preview
Real Sociedad Could Be Set For A Big Season In Europe
Tottenham Hotspur to beat Borussia Dortmund in Champions League cracker
Harry Kane Tipped To Score First At Wembley
Liverpool v Sevilla To Provide Goals Galore At Anfield
Liverpool V Sevilla Betting Preview
Man United v Basel Odds Expect A Comfortable Home Win In The Champions League
Red Hot Romelu Can Bag Basel Brace
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers