Liverpool to draw with Porto in Champions League clash
Liverpool will return to Champions League action on Wednesday night, and Jurgen Klopp's side will travel to Portugal to face Porto in a two-legged affair, and the Reds will be warm favourites to qualify for the quarter-finals, but Klopp will hope to return to Anfield with a positive result in what is an intriguing first-leg in Europe.
- Porto are unbeaten in league this season
- Liverpool topped their qualification group
- Mohamed Salah & Vincent Aboubakar hav both scored 5 Champions League goals this season
|Wednesday 14th February - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Porto v Liverpool|
|Tips||Draw Best Bet||@ 13 / 5|
How Will It Go?
Fresh from a comfortable 2-0 win over Southampton in the Premier League, Liverpool have been installed as the 11/8 favourites with Betfred to win this contest, and it's been the Champions League where they have looked their best having qualified top of Group E, and if the likes of Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane can shine then it would be no surprise to see the Reds have too much quality.
However, Porto are flying high at the top of the Primeira League, having not lost a game in the league all season, and while they qualified in second placed behind Besiktas in their qualification group, many will fancy them causing an upset, and they are a best-priced 11/5 with Betfair Sportsbook to claim a win.
But, while an on-form Liverpool are entitled to be favourites you have to feel that Klopp would take a draw, which is 13/5 with Betfair Sportsbook, and with the Merseysiders having the odd issues defensively, then Porto could put the pressure on the Reds rearguad, so a score draw is the best option.
*Odds correct as of 12th Feb, 08:31. Odds are subject to change.
Goals Expected In Portugal
Both sides have tremendous attacking qualities, and Liverpool have already score 67 goals in 27 Premier League games this season, while Porto have amassed 53 goals in their 21 league games, so it has to be a game with lots of goalmouth action, and it's no surprise to see 8/13 with some firms for both teams to score in 90 minutes, while a goal in both halves is another eye-catching odds-on selection at 4/6 with some firms.
Salah To Score First
Mohamed Salah has already scored five goals in Liverpool's Champions League campaign, and he netted in their 2-0 win over the Saints at the weekend, and the Egyptian star is unsurprisingly heading the first goalscorer betting, and the 23/5 with Unibet for him to net first is more than generous.
Firmno (23/4) and Mane (7/1) are also prominent figures in the betting, while Porto will be looking for Vincent Aboubakar to ignite a home win, and he is a 9/2 chance with Betfair to grab the first goal of the game, but it's Salah that can sparkle once again in what should be a cracking contest.
First Goalscorer Odds:
*Odds correct as of 13th Feb, 09:45. Odds are subject to change.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Sergio Aguero To Fire Man City To A Valuable First Leg Win At Basel
Basel V Manchester City Betting Preview
Juventus The Value To Take Narrow 1st Leg Champions League Last 16 Advantage Against Spurs
The Bianconeri Have A Remarkable Home Record In Europe
Eden Hazard to shine in Chelsea win over West Brom on Monday
Chelsea V West Bromwich Albion Betting Preview
Liverpool To Be Too Strong For Southampton At St Marys
Southampton V Liverpool Betting Preview
Resurgent Bournemouth Tipped To Add To Huddersfields Relegation Woes
Huddersfield V Bournemouth Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers