- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 15/1 for the Foxes to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- IN-PLAY OFFER - Bet £20 pre-match on Arsenal v Leicester with Paddy Power and get a free £10 in-play bet
- ARSENAL v LEICESTER - Get 5/1 for the Gunners to win with Paddy Power (new accounts)
- NEW CUSTOMERS - Get 5/1 for Arsenal to win or 12/1 for Leicester to win with Betfair
- SIX NATIONS - 3/1 England to beat Italy with Betfair (New Customers)
- DOUBLE SPECIAL - 12/1 for Liverpool and Man City BOTH to win on Sunday (new Paddy Power customers)
- VILLA v LIVERPOOL - Betfair offer new customers 6/1 for Liverpool to win on Sunday
- MAN CITY v TOTTENHAM - Paddy Power go 12/1 for Spurs to win (new accounts)
- MAN CITY v SPURS - Get 5/1 City win or 10/1 Tottenham win when you open a Betfair account
- LA LIGA - Betfair offer enhanced odds of 5/1 for Barcelona to beat Celta Vigo (New Accounts)
- WATCH LIVE SPORT at BET365
- LIVE IN-PLAY - AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
Tottenham v Lyon Odds: Bale can fire Spurs to victory at White Hart Lane
Tottenham continue their Europa League adventure on Thursday evening as they welcome French side Lyon to White Hart Lane (ITV1, 8.05pm). It is a competition that Andre Villas-Boas is treating with the utmost respect and Spurs go into the first leg of this last-32 tie as favourites as they look to secure a crucial advantage ahead of the return leg in France next Thursday.
Spurs are currently 4/5 favourites with William Hill and the English side are protecting a fine recent record on home soil. They will be looking to take advantage of a Lyon outfit who might be short of confidence after suffering successive defeats in Ligue 1 and Lyon can be backed at 7/2 to win and 5/2 to draw this week.
It is Tottenham who look worthy favourites at this stage though as they have lost just two of their last 18 matches in all competitions and Villas-Boas is unlikely to make too many changes to a side that is full of confidence. Spurs are unbeaten in their last 10 outings at White Hart Lane, winning eight, and Gareth Bale is flying at the moment.
Jermain Defoe may be out injured but Bale has more than made up for his absence with a plethora of goals in recent weeks. The Welshman has scored five goals in his last four appearances for club and country, including both goals in the 2-1 Premier League win against Newcastle last weekend. Bale is 4/1 to be first scorer this week, while Hills offer 3/1 that Bale scores anytime in a Tottenham win.
Villas-Boas should be able to select Emmanuel Adebayor following his return from the African Cup of Nations and the Togolese striker is 5/1 to score first after notching five goals in his last five Europa League appearances. Goals were rarely a feature of Tottenham's games during the group stages, where they qualified as runners up behind Lazio in Group J, but that might change this week.
For those looking at a punt on a correct score for Thursday's game, it could be worth a look at the 14/1 on offer with Hills for Spurs to win 3-1 as four of their last eight wins at home have come by that scoreline. Furthermore, Lyon have lost their last two French league games by the same score and they are wobbling heading into this game.
They may be second in Ligue 1, six points behind PSG, but they head to London on the back of successive 3-1 defeats to Ajaccio and Lille respectively. Those defeats have put the brakes on their season and they have now won just one of their last four in all competitions.
The French side will be hoping a return to the Europa League can improve their fortunes as they qualified from Group I ahead of Sparta Prague and Athletic Bilbao. Lisandro Lopez, who has scored nine goals this season, will be relied upon for goals and he is 13/2 to score first, while former Spurs midfielder Steed Malbranque (14/1 to score first) returns to White Hart Lane, although he might find his old team aren't in a very giving mood on Thursday.
Tottenham v Lyon Form
Check the season's statistics for both Tottenham and Lyon, plus the odds ahead of Thursday's match.
Tottenham v Lyon Tips
Tip #1: Gareth Bale to score and Tottenham win @ 3/1 with WilliamHill.
Tip #2: Tottenham to win 3-1 @ 14/1 with WilliamHill.
Tip #3: Tottenham to win @ 4/5 with WilliamHill.
Tottenham v Lyon Odds
To Qualify Betting
Correct Score Odds
6/1 Tottenham 1-0
7/1 Tottenham 2-0
15/2 Tottenham 2-1
17/2 Draw 0-0
13/2 Draw 1-1
16/1 Draw 2-2
10/1 Lyon 1-0
25/1 Lyon 2-0
14/1 Lyon 2-1
First Goalscorer Odds
4/1 Gareth Bale
5/1 Emmanuel Adebayor
11/2 Clint Dempsey
6/1 No Goalscorer
13/2 Bafetimbi Gomis
13/2 Lisandro Lopez
7/1 Lewis Holtby
8/1 Gylfi Sigurdsson
8/1 Jimmy Briand
8/1 Alexandre Lacazette
9/1 Yoann Gourcuff
10/1 Yassine Benzia
Odds supplied by WilliamHill.com, who offer live in-play betting for all Europa League matches.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Newcastle v Metalist Odds Magpies can earn a crucial first leg advantage
Ukrainian Side Metalist Return From A Domestic Winter Break
Sparta Prague v Chelsea Odds Blues tipped for a last 32 win
Chelsea Travel To Czech Republic For First Leg Of European Tie
Zenit v Liverpool Odds Russian side favourites for first leg clash
Liverpool Travel To Russia For First Match Of Last 32 Tie
Shakhtar v Borussia Dortmund Odds Back a score draw in the first leg betting
Nothing To Choose Between The Teams In The Match Odds
Real Madrid v Man Utd Odds Cristiano Ronaldo hot favourite in the first scorer betting
Real Odds On For First Leg At The Bernabeu
Open a Paddy Power account by using any link on this site, have a bet of £10 and they will give you THREE FREE £10 bets.
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Ladbrokes are one of the best known bookmakers in the UK and are offering a free £50 bet when you sign up as a new customer. Register using the bonus code F50 and they'll match your first bet with a free bet up to £50.
Open Account - Free £50 bet
£25 free bet with William Hill.
- Open an account at William Hill and and use the promotion code F25.
- Deposit funds and place your first bet
- William Hill match your first bet with a free bet up to a maximum of £25.
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
Claim a sign up bonus offer of £200 with bet365.
- bet365 match your first deposit with a 100% bonus
- Deposit anywhere between £10 and £200 to claim this massive offer
Open Account - £200 Sign Up Offer
Betfred will give you a free £30 bet when you open a new account and have a first bet of at least £10.
- Open a new betting account with Betfred
- Have a bet of at least £10
- Betfred will give you a free £30 bet
Open Account - Bet £10 Get £30
Get up to £40 in free bets with Sky Bet:
- Sign up to Sky Bet and have a £10 bet.
- Skybet will then reward you with four £10 free bet tokens
Open Account - Free £40 Bet
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers