Sergio Aguero To Fire Man City To A Valuable First Leg Win At Basel
The Champions League makes a welcome return on Tuesday night as the knockout stages take centre stage and runaway Premier League leaders Manchester City are odds-on for a valuable first leg win at Basel...
- Manchester City's past 10 away games in the Champions League have produced 39 goals (3.9 goals per game on average)
- Sergio Aguero has scored in each of City's past three away games in the Champions League
|Tuesday 13th February - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Basel v Manchester City|
|Tips||Man City win with -1 goal handicap Best Bet||@ 19 / 20|
The Citizens have virtually wrapped up their domestic title already as they extended their lead to 13 points and they can now focus on the challenges of Europe, with Pep Guardiola's men looking to learn the lessons of last season's shock exit at the hands of Monaco at this stage.
City are 4/11 for victory on Tuesday (Betfair) and they appear to be getting to grips with the Champions League as they secured top spot in their group with five wins from five games before losing what was effectively a 'dead rubber' at Shakhtar Donetsk.
The defeat to Shakhtar means City have only won two of their past 10 away games in the Champions League, albeit a 4-0 win at Feyenoord and a 4-2 victory at Napoli hinted that they are learning lessons quickly.
It is worth noting that City's past 10 away fixtures in this competition have produced 39 goals, so the City win combined with over 2.5 goals in the match could be worth considering at 10/11 with Boylesports.
*Odds correct as of 12th Feb, 08:31. Odds are subject to change.
Aguero On Fire
Guardiola's men take on a Basel side that sits in second place in their domestic Swiss League, five points adrift of Young Boys, after returning from their winter break earlier this month.
They did beat Manchester United at home en route to qualifying from Group A of the Champions League earlier this season but they are far from unbeatable at St Jakob Park, where they have dropped points against the likes of Lugano, Lausanne and Young Boys in the league this term.
Furthermore, Basel have only won three of their past 10 Champions League games on home soil, including a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Arsenal last season and a loss to CSKA Moscow earlier this season.
With those results in mind, City should be far too strong on Tuesday and the visitors are 19/20 to cover a -1 goal handicap (Coral) and Sergio Aguero can be the man to fire them to victory. Aguero, fresh from scoring four goals in the 5-1 win over Leicester, has scored in each of his past three away games in the Champions League and he is 16/5 favourite to score first in this Basel v Man City tie.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Juventus The Value To Take Narrow 1st Leg Champions League Last 16 Advantage Against Spurs
The Bianconeri Have A Remarkable Home Record In Europe
Eden Hazard to shine in Chelsea win over West Brom on Monday
Chelsea V West Bromwich Albion Betting Preview
Liverpool To Be Too Strong For Southampton At St Marys
Southampton V Liverpool Betting Preview
Resurgent Bournemouth Tipped To Add To Huddersfields Relegation Woes
Huddersfield V Bournemouth Betting Preview
Romelu Lukaku To Fire Man Utd To A Super Sunday Win At Newcastle
Newcastle V Manchester United Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers