Manchester United to kick off Premier League campaign with win over West Ham
Manchester United suffered only five defeats in the Premier League last season, but 15 draws saw Jose Mourinho's side finish a distant sixth in the table, so the Red Devils will be desperate to kick off this season on a winning note, and they welcome West Ham United to Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.
- Manchester United have won their last two matches against West Ham
- Romelu Lukaku scored nine goals in his first nine appearance for Everton against West Ham
- Javier Hernandez is set to return to Old Trafford after joining West Ham
|Sunday 13th August - 4.00pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Manchester United v West Ham United|
|Tips||Romelu Lukaku to score first Best Bet||@ 100 / 30|
United Red-Hot Favourites
While they suffered an indifferent league campaign, Manchester United ended the season on a huge positive, winning the Europa League, so Mourinho will have his eyes on the Champions League this season, but his intentions will be solely on Sunday's live Sky Sports clash with West Ham, and United have been installed as 30/100 favourites with Sky Bet Bookmakers.
Slaven Bilic's West Ham United finished in 11th place last season, and he will be hoping to unleash new signing Javier Hernandez against his old club, but the Hammers who lost two and drew one of their three meetings with United last season will head in as 11/1 outsiders with BetVictor for this test, while the draw is as big as 19/4 with bet365.
While many will enjoy getting stuck into that draw price, you have to feel that Mourinho's United will fly out of the traps, and with the signing of Romelu Lukaku likely to prove a terrific one, then the Belgian could prove to be the catalyst for a more positive United campaign in the league this year, following the departure of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and you have to feel United can kick off their season, like they have the last two years, with a win.
Lukaku To Prove Instant Success
Romelu Lukaku netted 25 Premier League goals for Everton last season, and the Belgian superstar will be aiming to hit the ground running on Sunday, and at 100/30 with BetVictor he is a cracking price to open the scoring, and ignite what should be a comfortable success for the home side.
Lukaku has a stunning scoring record against West Ham, as he netted nine goals in his first nine appearances for Everton against the Hammers, so while the likes Marcus Rashford (19/4 with BetVictor) and Henrikh Mkhitaryan (5/1) are prominent figures in the betting, with the abovementioned Javier Hernandez the shortest Hammers player at 11/1 with some firms, you can't help but back Lukaku to make a goal-scoring start in this Manchester United v West Ham United clash.
First Goalscorer Odds:
United To Win To Nil
Marcos Rojo is one of the United defenders on the injury list, but they should still have a strong defensive line-up taking to the field, and with West Ham likely to need a few weeks to gel in the attacking third, then the 11/10 with BetVictor for Manchester United to win to nil is a cracking bet in what can be an easy opening day win for Mourinho.
To Win To Nil Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Watford v Liverpool Odds Goals At Both Ends Expected At Vicarage Road
Liverpool Should Be Too Strong In First Game Of The Season
Man City To Ease To A Comfortable Opening Day Win At Brighton
Brighton V Manchester City Betting Preview
Back Arsenal To Edge To A Narrow Opening Day Win Against Leicester
Arsenal V Leicester City Betting Preview
Both Teams To Score Treble Bet Features Matches At Watford And Newcastle
Expect A Good Game As Derby Host Wolves
PSG to storm to victory over Guingamp and feature in our Ligue 1 best bets
Wins For Angers And Lille Complete 6/1 Treble
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers