- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Southampton v Swansea Odds: The Swans a decent bet to win at St Mary's
Southampton manager Nigel Adkins heads into Saturday's Premier League match at home to Swansea under immense pressure to conjure up a valuable win. The 47-year-old's future is in severe doubt following his side's torrid start to the season, with speculation mounting that he could be sent packing if the Saints fail to get the three points.
Betfred have handed the Saints odds of 7/5 to claim a much needed win at St Mary's, while Swansea are available at a very tempting 19/10 to come away with the three points. Meanwhile a draw can be found at 5/2
The statistics don't make good reading for the Saints who have lost eight of their 10 league games and conceded a record staggering 28 goals in the process. Meanwhile Swansea’s bright start to the season now seems an eternity ago, with the Swans winning just one of their last eight matches.
As a result Michael Laudrup’s men have slipped from top of the table down to 11th and are in desperate need of a win to prevent them from falling further down the ladder. Laudrup will no doubt view Saturday's match as an ideal opportunity for his men to get back to winning ways and move back into the top-half.
The Saints may have played eight teams of the top nine teams but results must now start to improve with pivotal matches against Swansea and QPR up next. Adkins men have just the one win to their name this season, which was a comprehensive 4-1 victory at home to Aston Villa. Their recent form may be poor but they will view the Swansea match as a perfect opportunity to kick-start their season, with Fred handing the Hampshire side odds of 17/2 to end their rut with a 2-1 win, while a 2-2 draw is a tempting bet at 14/1.
The Swans have picked up just three points out of a possible 12 on the road this season. Since their impressive 5-0 thrashing away to QPR on the opening day, they have lost all their away games without even scoring a goal.
However, they will fancy their chances of breaching Southampton’s leaky defence. The south coast side have let in an average of nearly three goals a game this season and there is little to suggest that they can patch things up by Saturday. Michu is enjoying a superb season, with six goals to his name so far. Swansea’s Spanish striker can be backed at 6/1 to grab the last goal of the game, while he is available at 13/8 to score anytime. Meanwhile Danny Graham is worth a bet at 15/8 in the anytime goalscorer market.
Rickie Lambert may not have scored in five games but he is always worth a bet, especially on home soil. The striker can be backed at 11/2 to get the first goal of the match and 6/4 to score anytime. Gaston Ramirez returned from injury against West Brom but failed to make an impact. If Saints are to have any chance of claiming the win he will need to start producing the goods and can do so at 15/8 to get his name on the scoresheet.
In 29 meetings between the sides there has never been a goalless draw, with a whopping 100 goals scored, meaning over 3.5 goals in Saturday’s match at 7/4 could be a fruitful bet. The Saints have trailed in all 10 league matches so far this season but they could be worth a bet at 12/1 be losing at half-time and then to come back to claim a draw against Swansea.
Southampton v Swansea Form
Check the season's statistics for both Southampton and Swansea, plus the odds ahead of Saturday's match.
Southampton Stats | Swansea Stats
Southampton v Swansea Tips
Tip#1: Swansea to win 2-1 @ 11/1 with Betfred
Tip#2: Michu to score the last goal @ 6/1 with Betfred
Tip#3: Rickie Lambert to score anytime @ 13/8 with Betfred
Southampton v Swansea Odds
Correct Score Odds
6/1 Southampton 1-0
10/1 Southampton 2-0
17/2 Southampton 2-1
7/1 Swansea 1-0
12/1 Swansea 2-0
11/1 Swansea 2-1
15/2 Draw 0-0
6/1 Draw 1-1
14/1 Draw 2-2
First Goalscorer Odds
11/2 Rickie Lambert
7/1 Danny Graham
7/1 Gaston Ramirez
7/1 Jay Rodriguez
15/2 Emmanuel Mayuka
8/1 Luke Moore
9/1 Steve De Ridder
9/1 Tadanari Lee
9/1 Itay Shechter
9/1 Pablo Hernandez
Odds supplied by Betfred.com, who offer live betting in-running for all Premier League games. Predict the score of Saturday's match, and if that becomes a winner from a goal scored in added time, Fred will double your odds on that prediction.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Leicester v Nottingham Forest Odds Back The Foxes To Nick A Tight Game
Low Scoring Derby On The Cards At The King Power Stadium
Everton v Sunderland Odds A Blues win to nil looks a good bet at Goodison Park
Everton Can Pile The Pressure On The Black Cats
Arsenal v Fulham Betting Walcott can grab another goal at the Emirates
Arsenal Odds On Favourites For London Derby
Wigan and West Brom can trigger this weeks both teams to score bet
Leaky Reading Defense Can Also Help Accumulator
Middlesbrough v Sheffield Wednesday Odds Back Scott McDonald to score first
Middlesbrough Looking For A Win That Will Take Them Top
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers