Wales And Ireland To Share The Spoils In A Bad Tempered World Cup Qualifier
There is all to play for at the Cardiff City Stadium on Monday night as Wales take on Republic of Ireland in a 2018 World Cup qualifier that has plenty riding on it. Expect tempers to flare in a tetchy draw in the Welsh capital...
- Wales have only lost one of their past 21 qualifiers
- Ireland are unbeaten in six meetings with Wales - Won Three, Drawn Three
- Wales have conceded one goal in their past five qualifiers
|Monday 9th October - 7.45pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Wales v Republic of Ireland|
|Tips||The Draw Best Bet||@ 23 / 10|
How It Stands
The winner of this Group D encounter will finish at least second in the group and it is a match that Ireland simply have to win to have any chance of making next summer's finals in Russia. Martin O'Neill's faltering men start the day in third place, one point behind second-placed Wales and two points behind group leaders Serbia, who host Georgia on Monday evening.
Wales know that a point would be enough to see them finish second but that still might not be enough for them to reach the play-offs because only the eight best-placed runners up from the nine groups qualify for the play-offs next month.
However, we think a draw might be the way to go at a best price 23/10 (Betfair) because there is so little to choose between these sides, with three of their past four clashes all ending in draws.
The last two meetings have ended goalless and another 0-0 correct score is available at 13/2 (Betfred).
The previous clash between these sides saw Seamus Coleman suffer a broken leg following a horror challenge from Neil Taylor in Dublin and there could still be some ill-feeling from that, with card markets very much worth looking out for when the bookmakers price those odds up.
Potentially, both of these teams could finish in the top-two in the group if Serbia slip up at home to Georgia but that seems unlikely and we are going to back Wales to get the point they need to guarantee second spot.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
England To Cover A Handicap In Final World Cup Qualifier In Lithuania
Lithuania V England Betting Preview
Goals Will Be Hard To Come By When Northern Ireland Visit Norway
Norway V Northern Ireland Betting Preview
Slovenia v Scotland Odds Rock Solid Home Team Can Dash The Scots World Cup Dream
Expect A Tight Affair In Ljubljana
League One leaders Shrewsbury feature in the Both Teams To Score treble
Treble Pays 7/2
The Draw Is A Stand Out Bet For Georgia v Wales
Georgia V Wales Betting Preview
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers