Man City v Liverpool Tipped To Be An Entertaining Stalemate
The weekend's big live Premier League game comes from The Etihad in a mouth-watering lunchtime clash on Saturday as Manchester City take on Liverpool and we are anticipating an entertaining stalemate...
- Manchester City won 1 of their home games against last season's top-eight Premier League teams - Drew 5, Lost 1
- Sergio Aguero has scored in 5 of his last 6 home league games against Liverpool
|Saturday 9th September - 12.30pm||Odds||Won/Lost||Bet|
|Manchester City v Liverpool|
|Tips||The Draw Best Bet||@ 3 / 1|
|Liverpool score over 1.5 goals||@ 6 / 4|
Big Game Mentality
Both sides have opened the new league campaign with two wins and a draw from their respective games to raise hopes among their fans of a genuine crack at the title this term, although we get the impression that neither side would be too disappointed with a point apiece from a game against a fellow title hopeful.
It is difficult to back City at odds-on as they failed to win eight of their home games last season (won eleven, drew seven, lost one) and they struggled against the better teams on home soil.
Indeed, Pep Guardiola's men drew five of their meetings at home against the teams that finished last season in the top-eight (won one, lost one) and they come up against a Liverpool side that always raises their game for these big occasions.
Jurgen Klopp's side went unbeaten in overall meetings with the top-eight last season (won seven, drew seven) and we will be backing the draw at 3/1 with Bet Victor.
Liverpool have won five of their past seven Premier League meetings with City (drawn one, lost one) but it is worth noting that they have only managed to win three of their last ten fixtures in the league at City (drew three, lost four).
The Reds should relish playing City if their hosts play a back-three as Sadio Mane and Mo Salah will relish the space provided and it is worth backing the visitors to score over 1.5 goals (6/4 with Betfred) for a fifth time in six games this season.
South American Outcasts
Finally, when looking for a goalscorer in this match, it is worth noting that Philippe Coutinho is 7/2 to score at anytime (Paddy Power) after notching five in his past seven against City, albeit it is obviously doubtful whether he will start following his recent transfer furore.
Meanwhile, Sergio Aguero was left out of Guardiola's last starting line-up but he is 18/5 to be first goalscorer (Unibet) after notching in five of the last six Man City v Liverpool fixtures at home.
First Goalscorer Odds:
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Sevilla tipped to shine in La Liga Treble
Treble Pays Just Over 18/5
Toronto To Get The MLS Treble Off To A Flyer With Yet Another Home Win
MLS Treble Pays 3/1
Manchester City Reading and Newport backed to host goals in our BTTS treble
Goals Galore Expected Across England's Divisions
Bundesliga Treble Tips Up Big Wins For Hertha Berlin And Schalke On Sunday
Bundesliga Treble Pays 11/2
St Etienne to beat Angers on Sunday and star in our Ligue 1 best bets
Wins For Lyon And Marseille Complete 4/1 Treble
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers