- PADDY POWER - Get A £20 Risk-Free First Bet (New Customers Only)
- PADDY POWER - Get a £20 Risk-Free Bet On The Rugby (New Customers Only)
- BETFAIR - 50/1 Arsenal win or 25/1 Man City win (New Customers, Max. £1 Bet)
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Champion Chase At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Stayers Hurdle At Cheltenham Festival
- PADDY POWER - Non Runner No Bet For Cheltenham Gold Cup
Aston Villa v West Ham Betting: Odds point to a tight encounter at Villa Park
Aston Villa will look to boost their ailing Premier League survival hopes when they take on West Ham in the live Sunday lunchtime kick-off this weekend (1.30pm, Sky Sports 1). The Midlands side find themselves entrenched in the relegation zone and a positive result on Sunday would seem to be imperative as they travel to Arsenal in their next league outing.
Villa have had a torrid time of if of late as embarrassing cup exits to lower league opposition in the form of Bradford and Millwall have added to their league woes. They are down in 19th place in the league table but they do go in as 7/5 favourites for the win this weekend with Ladbrokes, while West Ham can be backed at 9/5 and the draw at 12/5.
Paul Lambert's men are in desperate need of points as they start the weekend two points adrift of safety and without a win in their last eight league games. They earned a creditable 3-3 draw at Everton last weekend as Christian Benteke helped himself to his fifth league goal in his last four outings and he is 9/2 favourite to be first goalscorer on Sunday.
However, Villa have found holding on to leads difficult as they let a 3-1 advantage slip at Everton and they have now failed to win despite taking a lead in four of their last five outings. With that in mind, West Ham could be worth a look to come from behind and win or draw at 9/2 in the latest betting with Ladbrokes.
It is Villa's defensive frailties that continue to cause them problems as they are without a clean sheet in their last nine in the league and their weakness from set pieces has been recognised by every team in the top flight. A visit from a team managed by Sam Allardyce is hardly what they will have wanted and his direct style of play could cause Villa all sorts of problems.
Villa continually concede goals from corners and Bet 365 go 4/1 for the method of Sunday's first goal to be a header. That looks a decent punt when you consider the bulky form of Andy Carroll is likely to lead the Hammers line and he is 11/2 to score first or 7/4 to score anytime after marking his return from injury with the only goal in West Ham's 1-0 win over Swansea last weekend.
That was their first win in seven outings and it was a result that pushed them firmly into mid-table. They look secure this season but their away form will be a real worry as they have picked up just one point from their last seven away games, losing 5-1 to Arsenal and 3-1 to Fulham in their last two respectively.
Villa will fancy their chances of improving on a record of having scored just two goals in their last seven league games at Villa Park against this leaky West Ham defence and the goalscorer markets could provide interest in this Aston Villa v West Ham clash. Ladbrokes are offering a money back special on losing in-play next scorer and correct score bets if there is a red card shown in Sunday's match and that could be worth a look as Villa have the worst disciplinary record in the division (51 yellow cards, 2 reds), while Sunday's referee, Mark Clattenburg, has shown the most red cards in the top flight (six red cards in 14 matches).
Aston Villa v West Ham Form
Check the season's statistics for both Aston Villa and West Ham, plus the odds ahead of Sunday's match.
Aston Villa v West Ham Tips
Tip #1: West Ham to come from behind and win or draw @ 9/2 with Ladbrokes.
Tip #2: Andy Carroll to score anytime @ 7/4 with Ladbrokes.
Tip #3: First goal method to be a header @ 4/1 with Bet365.
Aston Villa v West Ham Odds
7/5 Aston Villa
9/5 West Ham
Correct Score Odds
7/1 Aston Villa 1-0
10/1 Aston Villa 2-0
9/1 Aston Villa 2-1
7/1 Draw 0-0
11/2 Draw 1-1
14/1 Draw 2-2
8/1 West Ham 1-0
12/1 West Ham 2-0
10/1 West Ham 2-1
First Goalscorer Odds
9/2 Christian Benteke
11/2 Darren Bent
11/2 Andy Carroll
7/1 Andreas Weimann
7/1 Carlton Cole
7/1 No Goalscorer
8/1 Gabriel Agbonlahor
8/1 Kevin Nolan
8/1 Marouane Chamakh
9/1 Wellington Paulista
9/1 Jordan Bowery
9/1 Ricardo Vaz Te
Odds supplied by Ladbrokes.com, who offer live in-play betting for all Premier League matches.
Archive - Previous 5 Football Articles
Nigeria v Burkina Faso Odds Super Eagles hot favourites for third title
Back Emmanuel Emenike To Open The Scoring
Swansea v QPR Odds Michu Likely To Be The Difference
Harry Redknapp Looking For An Away Win From Rangers
Stoke v Reading Odds Royals bid to continue fine run of form
Adam Le Fondre Has Scored Five In His Last Four
Norwich v Fulham Odds Goals could be at a premium at Carrow Road
Norwich Are Winless In Their Last Eight
Brighton v Hull Odds The Tigers looking to continue impressive away form
The Visitors Are Unbeaten In Seven Matches On The Road
- Place your first bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses Paddy Power will refund your stake in CASH.
- Max refund for this offer is £20
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer.
- Over 18's Only, Terms and Conditions Apply
Open Account - £20 Risk Free Bet
- Register and place an initial bet of £10
- Boylesports will provide you with up to £25 in free bets
Open Account - £25 Free Bet
- Enter the Promo Code F50 as you register
- Place an initial bet of £10 or more
- Ladbrokes will provide you a free bet of up to £50
- Bet £50 and get £50 in free bets
Open Account - £50 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Coral will provide you with £30 in free bets
- Visit Coral for full details
Open Account - £30 Free Bet
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10
- Betfred will provide you with a £30 free bet that can be used on any sport
- In addition to this, Betfred will provide you with 30 free spins on their online casino
Open Account - £30 Signup Offer
Online Casino Blackjack and Roulette Games
Those looking for some online casino entertainment ought to check out all the latest UK Casino Sign Up offers from the top operators including 32Red and many of the sports betting casinos.
There is excellent information, should you be interested in playing online blackjack, roulette, the best progressives or slots - Online Casino Betting with the best introductory offers